Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin, 12th July

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I'm out. Stupid work oncall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I am in too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

i have never been in, but I am out wucking fork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm only back in the saddle two weeks after a five year lay off, I'd embarress myself :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Mairt wrote: »
    I'm only back in the saddle two weeks after a five year lay off, I'd embarress myself :o

No you won't, you'll be fine!

Mairt wrote: »

Don't be sillly! Join the spin turn around if you feel tired, but really, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

I'm in too. Any idea of distance ? Approximately - like dunno 100-150k ?
    Will this take place regardless of weather conditions ?

Oh and what bikes are required road or mtb ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

omri wrote: »
    I'm in too. Any idea of distance ?

People turn off at all sorts of points along the way. If you give us an idea of how long you think you'd be able for, we'd be able to advise where you should turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm in, would be on for a long one ;-) Sally and Wicklow Gap, anyone?

• Advertisement

well I commute to work 5 days a week its 15km one way from ashtown to blackrock, sometimes after work I go straight to Howth and then back home which gives me total of I think round 65km, managed to do this 3 days in a row once, on the 3rd day took me only 10 min to climb to the summit although some dude infront of me did that in 6min!

Blorg, yes I'd be on for that.

Omri, Sally Gap and Wicklow Gap route would be around 120km. If you want to go shorter, you could go as far as the top of the Sally Gap and come back for a 75 to 80km ride.

blorg wrote: »
    I'm in, would be on for a long one ;-) Sally and Wicklow Gap, anyone?

Possibly... Thinking like a fairly long one, but it is on Thursday and I may not feel so chipper on Sat :)

Omri, you'll be fine, just keep going till you start to get tired -we'll look after you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm out. Enjoy the spin.

I want to try and follow the guys to Sally's gap ... I might have to bring the ropes so you can pull me up the hill ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm in, my ankle is still a bit tender so I may only be able to go as far as Sally Gap or less.

I think you're probably seriously overestimating the climbing abilities of the group.

... I have my bike fully equiped like a pro now ... I am missing the pro cyclist to ride the bike hehehe !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Hopefully in. I've damaged my Hip-Flexors but they seem to be okay cycling, so I'll see how I am tomorrow. I'd be on for Sally at least and depending how I feel Wicklow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Rowing in Cork...

Hopefully see ye all in two weeks time on my new steed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Should take delivery of the new bike next week, a bit previous for the Boards 200 (though maybe I could join ye for a bit) , but definitely up for it the following week.

Looking forward to saying 'I'm in' finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jamesonandcoke

I'm in but will probaby have to settle for a 50k-60k spin. Only just back on the bike after a long lay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

my bike is still in kerry....so won be making saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I'm away but will see ye next weekend for the Boards 200 / 100 (125?) spin!

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm in. probably up for doing the sally and the wicklow gaps. haven't been over either since w200 so i need to remind myself if i'm going to do the B200.

sooty11 wrote: »
    my bike is still in kerry....so won be making saturday
    LDB wrote: »
    I'm away but will see ye next weekend for the Boards 200 / 100 (125?) spin!

enjoy

No girls ... don't leave me alone!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Hi folks. WOuld like to join in. Am looking for a casual cycle group at weekends. Have not been up Wicklow way before on a bike. Reasonably new to long cycles, so a few questions. (1) What is the avg spped of the group on the saturday morning spins. (2) What is the profile of the climbs. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

No girls ... don't leave me alone!!!

Boys... be nice to Caroline in our absence!
    we'll be checking ...

LDB -I'm always nice!

ROK ON -the average is probably 20kph or so. As for profile, it varies, but if you managed the ROK ok, you'll be absolutely fine

• Advertisement

avg sounds great and in my reach, not sure bout distance but I'll be there, can't wait, let's pray weather will be nice, or at least with no wind...

Advertisement