Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin, 12th July

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

ROK ON -the average is probably 20kph or so. As for profile, it varies, but if you managed the ROK ok, you'll be absolutely fine

Thank you for prompt reply. Will deinitely try and make it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

ROK ON wrote: »
    Thank you for prompt reply. Will deinitely try and make it then.

No porblem, work is driving me mad today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

all cycling fans should be allowed 30 min cycle before their lunch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I definitely need to get my ass on a road bike very soon.. one with gears and brakes and other such frivolities anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

LDB -I'm always nice!

ah you are in fairness (even if I have only met you twice)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Met Eireann says: "Saturday and Sunday will be dry and bright in many parts with sunny spells - though a few scattered light showers are still possible anywhere on Saturday while on Sunday light rain and drizzle will develop in western counties in the latter half of the day".

Not bad at all given the weather we've been having. May even break out the white shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    May even break out the white shorts.

Didn't we talk about this?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Raam wrote: »
    Didn't we talk about this?

Eh, did we?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Eh, did we?:confused:

Ah, it must have been with someone else that I was discussing the merits of wearing white shorts in the rain.

Raam wrote: »
    Ah, it must have been with someone else that I was discussing the merits of wearing white shorts in the rain.

These ones have a black panel on the back, so no ass crackage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Not bad at all given the weather we've been having. May even break out the white shorts.

Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Hope to come along,bit rusty though but will give it a bash!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Had a nasty crash today, took a corner badly, bike flipped and I landed on the rear wheel. A thornbush was again involved and so I'm pretty cut up :( Went over the bike and I think it is OK, apart from the rear wheel, which is fecked. Needs a new rim. So I'll be taking it easy on Saturday (still on for Sally and Wicklow Gap mind.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Sorry to hear about your fall Blorg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I am in (if you'll have me) - gotta be home for 1 ish so will probably be turning around early unless there is a sunday ride ?

I am also carrying a bit of a Hamstring Pull after yoga on monday :o so if that gives me jip I'll peel off.

Looking forward to meeting you guys

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Tutschel

I'm out for this one.
    Already arranged an 8 o'clocker as have to be back for another engagement at 13:00.
    Guess I'll see some of you for the B200 on the following Sat. :)

There can occasionally be a Sunday spin as well, I generally go out both days and so I'd be happy to have the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

emty wrote: »
    Hope to come along,bit rusty though but will give it a bash!

Welcome back mate, and see ya on Sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Sorry to hear that blorg. And you were only saying yesterday you were coming up on a year free of mishaps, typical ! Anyway hope you and your bike aint too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Omri, Sally Gap and Wicklow Gap route would be around 120km. If you want to go shorter, you could go as far as the top of the Sally Gap and come back for a 75 to 80km ride.

You've just scared the bejasus outta me!.

:o

• Advertisement

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that blorg. And you were only saying yesterday you were coming up on a year free of mishaps, typical ! Anyway hope you and your bike aint too bad
    It generally happens that way, I post on here about how such and such a disaster has never befallen me and within a week I am guaranteed to succumb! I'm OK, just scratches and bruises, bike seems OK too, other than my nice shiny new back wheel :( On the plus side I think the wheel is more easily rebuildable than the likes of a Ksyrium, hopefully just needs a new rim.

Mairt wrote: »
    You've just scared the bejasus outta me!.
    You could also come just as far as Glencree and head back to Dublin from there over the Military Road - that is under 50km.

th_Glencree-Military_Road.png

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

blorg wrote: »
    Had a nasty crash today, took a corner badly, bike flipped and I landed on the rear wheel. A thornbush was again involved and so I'm pretty cut up :( Went over the bike and I think it is OK, apart from the rear wheel, which is fecked. Needs a new rim. So I'll be taking it easy on Saturday (still on for Sally and Wicklow Gap mind.)

i feel your pain....im still nursing cuts and week and a half on :(....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

How many are normally turning up for the cycles now?

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    How many are normally turning up for the cycles now?

Anything from four to a dozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

If I can get my lazy ass out of bed, i'll be there.

sooty11 wrote: »
    i feel your pain....im still nursing cuts and week and a half on :(....
    Yes, IIRC I mentioned to you on that cycle with the ice cream and the torrential rain that my Focus was the only bike I had with no scratches! Not any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

guy's something has come up so I am out for tomorrow.

I will keep an eye out for a Sunday run if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I'm in - shall be at the dog track at 10

Looking forward it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

I'm in too (short one). See you at Dundrum 10.15

Advertisement