Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin, 12th July

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hmmm, arm warmers or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

arm warmers yes and rain gear

wait for meeeee i am on my way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Cadex

Hi - Hope it all went well and you didn't get too wet. Anyone going out tomorrow? Couldn't make today and would like to find out if Knee is working before next weekend. I'll keep an eye out for any replies - ta.

103k for me ... went up a good few hills ... slowly but surely ... It was great!

A good few were out that was great to meet more Boardsies ... even though I am sure who I met ... I know their 1st name now, but I am not sure who they are connected to on here ... haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

There are a few going out tomorrow- there is another thread. I'll be out too. I have some good photos of of the lads coming up over the Wicklow Gap but they are on my phone so I won't be able to get them off until Monday.

Very good turnout today despite the eh mixed weather. 125km for me all in, with 1491m of "Garmin climbing" (it tends to overestimate :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Good spin today, really enjoyed it. Good company makes cycling a lot nicer for me.

Won't be out tmw, nursing my pride! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Good spin today, really enjoyed it. Good company makes cycling a lot nicer for me.

How's your leg doin now sir? Looked a bit nasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

+1. First time out with the group, great company and a good challenging pace! Thanks for waiting at the climbs (and at the bottom:o ).

How are the cuts, that ankle cut looked nasty?

oobydooby wrote: »
    Thanks for waiting at the climbs (and at the bottom:o ).

... slow people eh ... slowing everyone down ... Tssss :D

Thanks for waiting for me too at the climbs ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Did you crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

el tonto wrote: »
    Did you crash?

I wish! I had an embarassing low speed tumble and managed to take Caroline down in the process.

Cuts are fine now guys, thanks for askin'.I'm not in Blorg territory yet, the ankle got a bit swollen but aside from some shredded bar tape I have no complaints.

Gravel has just made my list of enemies though!

See you all next saturday, hope you have a nice one out tmw :)

Gravel is lethal and there's a lot of it on the roads at the moment because of the recent rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

That was nice spin. I hope to see you all next weekend and will try to improve my performance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I wish! I had an embarassing low speed tumble and managed to take Caroline down in the process.

Cuts are fine now guys, thanks for askin'.I'm not in Blorg territory yet, the ankle got a bit swollen but aside from some shredded bar tape I have no complaints.

Gravel has just made my list of enemies though!

See you all next saturday, hope you have a nice one out tmw :)

ppppffffffff ankles heal - HOW'S THE BIKE?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have a few photos of the day (camera phone, so quality isn't super:)

Coming up Sally Gap, and then on top a strange sight, guy in camouflage gear with rucksack/sleeping mat but also carrying a shopping bag up Sally Gap, literally miles from anywhere. May have been headed for Glendalough? (~42km from Enniskerry?)
    th_sally_gap_1.jpg th_sally_gap_2.jpg

A few brave souls went on to brave the Wicklow Gap:
    th_wicklow_gap_1.jpg th_wicklow_gap_2.jpg th_wicklow_gap_3.jpg th_wicklow_gap_4.jpg th_wicklow_gap_5.jpg th_wicklow_gap_6.jpg

I see niceonetom has perfected his race face. I look unusually cheerful in all of them. Emty looks like he's racing motorbikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

el tonto wrote: »
    I see niceonetom has perfected his race face. I look unusually cheerful in all of them. Emty looks like he's racing motorbikes.

...Larry Mullen on the motorbike? Ach, who cares!

Who's who in the cycling pics? I only know TinyExplosions and blorg by sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

blorg wrote: »
    th_wicklow_gap_2.jpg

Class pic

One great advantage of being 5' ft nothing, I hide well behind the guys on pics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement