Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will be get 4850s with dual slot cooling?

Options
  • 10-07-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

As the title says really - any idea how long it'll take for 4850s with dual slot cooling to come out? I'm thinking of building a new PC and while I will be playing some games, I probably won't need much more than a 4850. I'd be concerned about all that hot air being dumped into the case and considering all the effort that goes into keeping CPUs cool for overclocking etc. it doesn't seem to make sense not to wait for a dual slot version if it'll be out soon.
    How long does it normally take to follow on with better cooling solutions etc. as I'm not in too much of a rush and can wait another few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

timmaii wrote: »
    As the title says really - any idea how long it'll take for 4850s with dual slot cooling to come out? I'm thinking of building a new PC and while I will be playing some games, I probably won't need much more than a 4850. I'd be concerned about all that hot air being dumped into the case and considering all the effort that goes into keeping CPUs cool for overclocking etc. it doesn't seem to make sense not to wait for a dual slot version if it'll be out soon.
    How long does it normally take to follow on with better cooling solutions etc. as I'm not in too much of a rush and can wait another few weeks.

4850s are going for around €170, and the price of an extra market cooler say €20-€30 you are hitting around €200, 4870s go for €230 or so.
    (based off komplett.ie prices)

TBH get a 4870, you won't see a daulie 4850 for a while and when you do the price prob won't be too far from a 4870.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭timmaii

Hmm... good point! I suppose I'll lay off the sweets for a few weeks and just go for the 4870 so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Pixmania have the 480 for €142, its a lot cheaper than the 4870 even if you need to get the extra cooler. just another option.

Advertisement