Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rogue Builder- Any advise?

Options
  • 10-07-2008 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

We recently got our attic converted. The builder was to come back and finish items that were part of the job - supply and install a door, door architray(?), install extractor fan on shower unit,fill in holes in the wall!.
    Architect's cert - the work was examined and said to have passed by the engineer but he hasn't produced the cert.
    In our stupidity we paid him in full - paying him extra for a snazzier door. Needless to say - 3 months later and following dozens of phone calls and 8 missed appointments he has failed to return.
    What is my best recourse?
    I was thinking of trying to get another builder to finish the work - get a quote -if I could find a builder to do these little jobs. Is the small claims court and option for me?
    Any advise greatly received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Your only options are to keep hassling him and if this doesn't work, send him a solicitor's letter. Which leads me nicely to the fact that this thread will most likely head down the "legal advice" route. We don't do legal advice so I'm locking this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement