Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Camera Club - Talks & Events

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

New Program

September

19th Dublin Culture Night. Open from 6pm until late evening

23rd Going for the LIPF (a personal experience) - Pauric McGroder, Charlie O'Neill and Stephan Jaeger

30th "India" with Gerry Kerr from Celbridge Camera Club

October

7th Marcelo Bigli
    Originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina and now lives in Dublin. He is a free-lance photographer with a particular interest in documentary photography

14th Winter League: Judging of Monochrome Prints & Digital Images

21st Winter League: Judging of Colour Prints and Slides

28th An evening with Peter Wilcox

November

4th Clinical Photography. Tommy Walsh is the clinical photographer at Tallaght Hospital

11th Winter League: Judging of Monochrome Prints & Digital Images

18th Winter League: Judging of Colour Prints and Slides

25th Annual Auction

December

2nd Opening of Brendan Walkin Exhibition

9th Winter League: Judging of Monochrome Prints & Digital Images

16th Winter League: Judging of Colour Prints and Slides

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We have a talk from Marcelo Biglia tomorrow night.

I have had some good reports about Marcelo's work, so it should be interesting to see his images & hear how he works. He is working towards a big exhibition soon.

Next Tuesday we have a talk from Peter Wilcock, sorry about the alternate spelling above.

Have had some good reports about other talks that Peter has given. Peter has been a Press Photographer for many years. He also runs a Sligo Foto Breaks & has a passion for Wildlife & Landscape Photography.

Should be an interesting talk.

Tomorrow night we have a Talk by Tommy Walsh. He is a Clinical Photographer at Tallaght Hospital. It should be interesting to hear about aspects of Photography that are more technical than artistic. A bit like the Forensic Photography we had earlier this year.

This Tuesday night we have a Gallery Opening for a retrospective exhibition of some work by Brendan Walkin. We had some of Brendan's work hung in the Gallery earlier this year & it was stunning. He was a very talented photographer in DCC in the 70's & early 80's. He took a leave of absence from his Bank job & travelled the world for almost a year to take photographs. Shortly after he returned to Dublin he was diagnosed with Leukemia & only survived a few more months.

Come along & have a look at some of Brendan's work & enjoy a glass of wine.

This Tuesday night we have a Gallery Opening for a retrospective exhibition of some work by Brendan Walkin. We had some of Brendan's work hung in the Gallery earlier this year & it was stunning. He was a very talented photographer in DCC in the 70's & early 80's. He took a leave of absence from his Bank job & travelled the world for almost a year to take photographs. Shortly after he returned to Dublin he was diagnosed with Leukemia & only survived a few more months.

Come along & have a look at some of Brendan's work & enjoy a glass of wine.

For the first meeting of 2009 we will have the London Salon of Photography. In the past there have been some stunning images in the show.

We are also enrolling for the Beginners Classes which start at the end of the month.

As ussual, visitors more than welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Enrolling new members on Thuesday too? I'll try to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

will try get there next tues ....sounds interesteing and joining a club will force me to get off the damn couch and get some different pics

• Advertisement

ThOnda wrote: »
    Enrolling new members on Thuesday too? I'll try to get there.

We will even sign you up on a Tuesday :D

Be good to see you along.

Next Tuesday night we have some bloke called Steven Crozier talking about Digital Printing. He may be interesting to some on here.

Personally I think stcstc, who posts on here, would be much better than this guy ;)

Anyway ..... you may like to hear what he has to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

omg

now you making me sweat!!!!

Don't worry .... you are much better than this up start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Sorry to hijack a little, but maybe Steve would be interested in being a contibutor at this at alater stage, where we are struggling to get it kick started at the moment.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055449316

covey

if i can help i will

• Advertisement

A big thank you to Steve for a very interesting talk last night.

action-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gif

Next week we have Colin Westgate so it should be a good night if you have an interest in Landscape Photography.

thanks for inviting me

I hope it went down well

i was a little unsure of how detailed i should of gone

s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am sorry that I could not come. Another day with three hours in a car. And left for today's work at three (a.m.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

CabanSail wrote: »
    A big thank you to Steve for a very interesting talk last night.

action-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gif

+1 for that. You gave a great and informative talk.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Any sign of that food photographer doing a talk?

• Advertisement

Any sign of that food photographer doing a talk?

Thanks for the reminder. I will get onto that again.

Mmmm Food.

I am a bit late posting this.

Tonight we have a talk which should be not be missed for those who are into Landscape Photography, or those (like me) who want to improve.

Colin Westgate FRPS and Chrissie Gamble ARPS‏ are showing their prints & giving a talk. Both are excellent photographers - Colin runs Quest PhotographicHolidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I will actually make it in tonight. Looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Is this on at 8?

Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel.

Yes .... 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Gozo

Hi,

I have never been to a talk in Dublin Camera club and i am not a member, is it ok to go tonight or do i have to sign up first?

thanks,

You are welcome to come along as a visitor. There are a few from this forum who are members now so say hello if you do make it along.

You are welcome to come along as a visitor. There are a few from this forum who are members now so say hello if you do make it along.

I will indeed, thanks a lot

Tonight we have a Gallery Launch for the Explore Light Exhibition from 7.30 onwards.

Come & have a look if you are free.

Hi,

I went along to the talk the other night, it was very enjoyable. i was talking to a few people afterwards for a few minutes but i dont think they were from boards. I will try to go along to a few more talks when i have free tuesday nights.

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

Tonight we have a Gallery Launch for the Explore Light Exhibition from 7.30 onwards.

Come & have a look if you are free.

Super images! Gallery is bound to be fantastic! Peter was in the Drogheda Club not so long ago and I really enjoyed the talk.
    Wish I was able to go!!

Next Tuesday we have a talk at DCC that may interest some on here.

We have a Canon Technical Representive talking about their system.

If you shoot Canon then it may help to get a few tips.

Tonight there is a talk on Photography & the Law. It should be very interesting.

Visitors welcome etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Snoochiboochies

Some on here recently attended the Dublin Camera Club when Guy Gowan was giving a presentation. We hope to have Guy back again later in the year.

In the meantime there are some other interesting talks coming up. We invite Visitors to attend for a meeting or two as a guest (the Guy Gowan talk was a good evening to take advantage of that) Dates in Bold are talks I am looking forward to personally.

July

15th J Charnock, FRPS from Richmond and Twinckenham Camera Club

22nd Flash Photography with Ciaran Whyte from Celbridge Camera Club

29th Landscape Photography with Peter Gordon

August

12th Forensic Photography. Garda Technical Personnel

19th Sean Kennedy Photography

26th Food Photography with David Cantwell and Sally Dunne

September

2nd Underwater Photography with Nigel Motyer

23rd Inspirational Art with Ed Dunne

30th "India" with Gerry Kerr from Celbridge Camera Club

This sounds great especially the underwater and forensic photography!!

Where are these sessions on? and how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

they're last years listings - sorry :) The forensic one was brilliant :)

They're on on a Tuesday night at 8pm at 10 Camden street (opposite the Camden Palace). They're free for guests (once or twice). \tonight's one is a alk from a solicitor on legalities in photography..

As Sinead says it's OK to come as a visitor once or twice.

We meet each Tuesday at 8pm. The program is up on the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I was at tonight's talk, very interesting (if a little confusing - you can't get a yes or no answer out of a lawyer :p). Well organised and bloody packed!

Not a member yet, but I'd have joined tonight if I hadn't forgotten my wallet (seriously!).

I'll do it next time - seems well worth it.

Arrhhh .... That was you!

I showed you around the club after the meeting.

Welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Oh, hey Tony. Thanks for the tour last night - cool setup!

• Advertisement
Advertisement