Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom final bill

Options
  • 10-07-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I had broadband home plus with Eircom for the last few years.I had my talk package with talk to talk.I ceased my broadband on 26th of June which terminated my account with Eircom.On that date I opened a new account with Eircom consisting of a broadband bundle. Now I recieved a final bill from my old account saying im €31.75 in credit.Now my question is when do I get this back and why isnt it transferred to the new account?

anyone else had this before?thanks for any replys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

You will need to ring the accounts dept in Eircom to get this back.

I had a similar situation when I completely cancelled Eircom and moved to Smart - I had a credit on the final bill from Eircom so I rang them and they sent me out a cheque for it.

The reason that it probably didn't get transferred over to your new account is that each account is unique.

Question: why did you need to cancel one account with Eircom and open a new one - surely the complete package could have been added to your existing broadband account?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Question: why did you need to cancel one account with Eircom and open a new one - surely the complete package could have been added to your existing broadband account?

Tell me about it.An agent just called to our door and he said he would look after everything.I presume its because we had a wired modem and to get a free wireless we had to open a new account.

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You should get a cheque in the post automatically.
    If you don't get it by the next billing period, ring them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kaizersoze wrote: »
    You should get a cheque in the post automatically.
    If you don't get it by the next billing period, ring them.

Yes you beat me to it - that seems to be the standard procedure that a cheque issues within 3 to 4 weeks of closure of the account. It would surely save them some trouble and time if they found some way to actually inform people of this?

Advertisement