Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino's Pizza- Opening Mill Street, Balbriggan

Options
  • 10-07-2008 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Just heard that Dominos Pizza is coming to Balbriggan. The are opening in one of the retail units in Sarsfield House on Mill Street (Down from Cinema) . Thank god - was getting a bit bored with the selection of pizza in the town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Thank god - was getting a bit bored with the selection of pizza in the town.
    I presume thats tongue in cheek.

Just what the town needs anyhow, another fast food outlet. The amount of fat kids and adults around the town who can be seen ordering food in many of these outlets is alarming.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Great so now we have Dominos,Sub way and Macaris about to open:(

Not that I have a problem with fast food but it can not be a good sign and I would love some shops to wander around on a Saturday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Domino's is the dogs when it comes to pizzas.

Any idea when it plans to open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 balbrigganseye

Hi Bluetonic - there was a hint of sarcasim . But I do like domino's pizza, so I am looking forward to their arrival.

Buck Naked - There seemed to be movement in the unit today - So I presume it is in their interest to be opened asap.

Meanwhile, two units further down the road (across from the pigeon racing hq) Fingal CC decided to give this permission on Monday last.
    Unit 3 Sarsfield House, Mill Street, Balbriggan, Co Dublin

The change of use of the existing retail unit to 40 seater Italian Restaurant with delivery and takeaway service, internal layout amendments, new shop front signage and all associated works.

Just what the town needs, two Italians on the one street and a Dominios, mama mia :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I heard today that Apache Pizza (currently in Spar) is also moving into one of the Spicers units.

Dominos is rank btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Either Balbriggan must be becoming the 'food quarter' of Fingal, or we must be the laziest shower that never cook for ourselves. :)
    Just off the top of my head we now have all these and probably at least a half a dozen that I've forgotten.
    • Abrakebabra
    • Apache Pizza
    • Bagel Factory
    • Borza
    • Cates Café
    • China Garden
    • Dominos
    • Fabios
    • Fei's Garden
    • Garam Masala
    • Godfathers Pizza
    • Golden Wok
    • Harveys
    • Papa Giovannis
    • Saffron
    • Subway
    • The Hamlet
    • The Milestone
    • Trax

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I think there is a Macari's opening soon too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Either Balbriggan must be becoming the 'food quarter' of Fingal, or we must be the laziest shower that never cook for ourselves. :)
    Just off the top of my head we now have all these and probably at least a half a dozen that I've forgotten.
    • Abrakebabra
    • Apache Pizza
    • Bagel Factory
    • Borza
    • Cates Café
    • China Garden
    • Dominos
    • Fabios
    • Fei's Garden
    • Garam Masala
    • Godfathers Pizza
    • Golden Wok
    • Harveys
    • Papa Giovannis
    • Saffron
    • Subway
    • The Hamlet
    • The Milestone
    • Trax

Holy jebus, when you put it like that, there is a lot.

One thing stands out though, the lack of a really top class joint.

We have come a long way since the chinese moved in across from Mcloughlins Garage

Anyone remember the grey restaurant(using this very loosely) across from DeBruns and up a bit towards the square, they only sold bacon and cabbage?(maybe I was dreaming)

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

yeah,delaneys,great feed it was too.

• Advertisement

greatgoal wrote: »
    yeah,delaneys,great feed it was too.
    Thats it, me da used to bring me in when I was a sprog, I can only really remember the smell (cabbagey):pac:
    Then up to fitzsimons for fishing tackle........... I love Balbriggan:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You forgot Deli Burger!!!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    You forgot Deli Burger!!!

Lovely chips and their quarter ponder is quit good :pac: (Pizza is over cheesed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

There is a lot of choice when it comes to pizza in balbriggan.

Is liberos still the best pizza in balbriggan?

I will endevour to try every pizza available in the balbriggan area in the next month to find out the answer.

Love Cheridere

have a nice weekend fuckers:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭tiredmam

You forgot the Coffee Pot too, great for greasy breakfast rolls after a hangover.
    Remember Dj's was it?? Texas Fried Chicken. I worked there yrs and yrs ago:o:o:o

Never mind DJs, were people Pop Inn or Genoa?

The Genoa was better when Libero took over early 1990s, before that Pop Inn, although obviously Pop Inn after The Rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Mother of god,.

what a selection, and still I will travel miles n miles from here for a good pizza from Libero's place.

Have also had the fish from their new chippy, it is truly a spiritual experience.

The others can come, but it will take a lot of personal attention to beat the Borza's.

B

Thats it, me da used to bring me in when I was a sprog, I can only really remember the smell (cabbagey):pac:
    Then up to fitzsimons for fishing tackle........... I love Balbriggan:p
    ah jaysus,good aul P.J. what a treat,we were all easily pleased in those days.

what about malloccas on the square and paddy murrays on the corner of quay street,it was shocking,an irishman with a chipper,anyway really showing me age now...

tiredmam wrote: »
    Remember Dj's was it?? Texas Fried Chicken. I worked there yrs and yrs ago:o:o:o

When they moved in first they had the best Quarter Pounders and the southern fried chicken was like mana from heavan.
    The Gravy was a favorite until one of the employees explained that it was the scrapings from the burger plate ;-(

as someone said previously, we were pleased a lot easier back then.

Do any of the chippers do scallops any more (the potato ones), I used to love them on the way home from football training
    10p each in the Genoa

• Advertisement

yeah they do them in deli-burger,my daughter ordered stuff for delivery from there the other night and she offered me a couple of scallops,mmmm talk about a blast from the past.

The Gravy was a favorite until one of the employees explained that it was the scrapings from the burger plate ;-(

No no it was made from the crackling off the chicken. The chicken was cooked there in a big frier.

tiredmam wrote: »
    No no it was made from the crackling off the chicken. The chicken was cooked there in a big frier.

Sounds better but alas its to late to go back on the gravy now. :p

So you worked there? Hard shift after the miler on a saturday night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

What about the Afro carribean joint. HAs anyone been there? or do you have to be of Afro carribean extraction

I wondered about that place too?

I also wonder why it was a lovely thai restaurant,then it was another restaurant that I forget the name of and now it is the Afro Caribbean joint all in less then 3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

it was a steakhouse at one stage

the menu now it something like 2/3 different curries at €10 a pop and a choice of rice...oh and bottled beer....and that's it

really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

It was De Brunos, then the Thai Restuarant, then The Firebox and now the Afro Caribbean

Who would want to put the time and effort into having a restaurant there when the building owners have already applied for planning permission (refused) to knock it down within the last year. Thats the reason for the high turnover.

Sounds better but alas its to late to go back on the gravy now. :p

So you worked there? Hard shift after the miler on a saturday night:D

That was the best shift..... was such a laugh. :P:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Never mind DJs, were people Pop Inn or Genoa?

The Genoa was better when Libero took over early 1990s, before that Pop Inn, although obviously Pop Inn after The Rig.

Genoa always the better.

remember the O'Learys bakery before Genoa? Tasty cakes..

Advertisement