Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domino's Pizza- Opening Mill Street, Balbriggan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sirpsycho wrote: »
    remember the O'Learys bakery before Genoa? Tasty cakes..
    Crap, that was a long time ago alright.

Abrakebabra were in there too at one stage many moons ago.

Just what the town needs David... :rolleyes:
    Date of Registration: 29-Jul-2008

Applicant: Mr David Pratt Location: 8 Drogheda Street, Balbriggan, Co.Dublin

Change of use from shop and hairdresser to Take Away Restaurant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Just what the town needs David... :rolleyes:
    Is this beside the Hot pot (old magic scissors/taxi/boxing ring at the weekend)?

Is this beside the Hot pot (old magic scissors/taxi/boxing ring at the weekend)?
    Thats the one alright, Pratt owns all that and the stuff in behind.

He ran the hairdresser, he's a qualified hair dresser himself.

ps presume you mean Coffee Pot. You must have been watching Corrie last night lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Thats the one alright, Pratt owns all that and the stuff in behind.

He ran the hairdresser, he's a qualified hair dresser himself.

ps presume you mean Coffee Pot. You must have been watching Corrie last night lol
    Corrie ftw.

Maybe JJ is branching out? I seem to remember Pratt being a hairdresser alright, long time ago before he found his pot of gold(down the harbour)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I saw planning permission on one of the jewellery shops in the town yesterday to change the purpose of it to a fast food outlet!!
    Another one,seriously like how on earth is there going to be a market for fast food outlets and nothing else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

which jewellery shop?

dubmick wrote: »
    which jewellery shop?
    Isn't there only two Murphys up at the NIB and Tommy Cafferys beside Boyles?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is one near spar and one near tescos that I know of pretty sure it was the one near spar which would be the one near NIB now that I think of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

wally bakers in quay street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I saw planning permission on one of the jewellery shops in the town yesterday to change the purpose of it to a fast food outlet!!
    Another one,seriously like how on earth is there going to be a market for fast food outlets and nothing else?
    Especially since the main-street-as-permanent-hole seems to be becoming the town's new look.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

As someone said yesterday, the black and tans didn't do as much damage to the town as there is now

pistol_75 wrote: »
    As someone said yesterday, the black and tans didn't do as much damage to the town as there is now
    zzzzzzzzz Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

im thinking of opening a clothes shop for larger people..itll make a f*ckin fortune.

Christ almighty you were right, next door to the Northern Bank.
    Date of Application: 30-Jun-2008
    Date of Registration: 30-Jun-2008
    Application Type: Permission
    Case Officer: Sean Walsh
    Applicant: A Kumar
    Proposal: A change of use of ground floor level from 'Retail' to 'Fast Food/Take Away (Pizza) Outlet along with ancillary facilities' total area - 62 sq.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Christ almighty you were right, next door to the Northern Bank.

Maybe Apache is moving out of Spar and into that premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Moonbeam wrote:

Funny how things go in waves - for the last couple of years you couldn't move in the town for hair and beauty places and now it'll be the same with fast food.

How is there enough demand to keep all the places going?

I dunno the hair and beauty places seem to do ok and aren't that cheap either.
    I know personally I tend to eat a lot more fast food since I moved to Balbriggan due to the commute and being tired as a result.
    A few nice coffee shops and restaurants to relax in and chat and have coffe and stuff after getting off the train would be lovely though.

A few nice coffee shops and restaurants to relax in and chat and have coffe and stuff after getting off the train would be lovely though.
    Ask and you shall receive. This is the derelict house between the entrance to The Rig and O'Shea's.
    Date of Application: 15-Jan-2008
    Date of Registration: 29-Jul-2008
    Application Type: Permission
    Case Officer: Neil Humphries
    Applicant: Roughan Properties Ltd
    Location: The White House, Seapoint Lane, Balbriggan, Co Dublin

Full Development Description (Edited)
    Change of use from a domestic dwelling to restaurant on ground floor (area 48.17 sq.m.) of existing house serviced by kitchen and toilets (area 40.91 sq.m.) on ground floor of new rear extension and for two new apartments accessed by new stairwell in new link.

one guess who owns that property

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote: »
    one guess who owns that property
    Well I'm sure you remember seeing Roughan Properties Ltd on your P60!

ha ha. I don't, different company name every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Pop Inn was the best chipper. It's coming back though I see.

There is also Trax Cafe just outside the station.

Ask and you shall receive. This is the derelict house between the entrance to The Rig and O'Shea's.

Yaay

Traxs is fine but their tea is awful:(
    I do love their pancakes though:)
    Cates is ok, but only really good thing is it is a 5 minute walk from home.
    The greasey place beside the hardware shop is good for weekend breakfasts too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

greatgoal wrote: »
    im thinking of opening a clothes shop for larger people..itll make a f*ckin fortune.

no - afraid you wont make your fortune that way. It was tried it and it was a no go. problem is the fat girls in the briggan dont realise they are fat! they are easily a size 18 and they ask for a 14 and by jaysus they will squeeze and push every ounce of their flabby bodies into it if it kills them! hand them their real size and they look at you like they are going to pull your head off! lol

I laugh when I think of the times that my friend told me about these miraculous size 12 and 14 clothes that they managed to fit into (rather badly i might add)! they were the tardis of clothes! I'd love to know where they get the measuring tapes that tells them all they ar a 14! In that case I'm a size 4! lol

I heard said shop changed the sizes on the clothes down 2 sizes - marked 18s as 14s - should've sold a bomb after that, but it seems that a lot of the chunkier girlies like that poured in look! so bought size 10s hen and were delighted to tell everyone how much weight they'd lost and were now wearing a 10! pmsl

Obviously this forum has been missing your posts.

Advertisement