Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Business Bank Advice in Waterford?

Options
  • 10-07-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi - I am fortunate to be seeking to expand my business in Waterford, but my current Bank is rubbish - anyone here dealing with a good person in business banking?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

NewBalance wrote: »
    Hi - I am fortunate to be seeking to expand my business in Waterford, but my current Bank is rubbish - anyone here dealing with a good person in business banking?

Might be an idea to say what bank you're with at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I work for a business bank (not going to promote them unless you ask)

You may find that business banks are not particularly interested in lending to new customers at the moment, only lending to existing customers - best to stay with the bank you have a current relationship with...

homer911 wrote: »
    I work for a business bank (not going to promote them unless you ask)

You may find that business banks are not particularly interested in lending to new customers at the moment, only lending to existing customers - best to stay with the bank you have a current relationship with...

+1 to that TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭Blackjack

+2.

No one is lending to those they don't know. They may not even lend to those they do know. They best you can hope for is if you can leverage your existing Bank relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 NewBalance

don't really want to bad mouth my bank - suffice to say they're ultimateley owned by a fgn bank - which has no baring on them as a whole - just down here.

Got no problem with them getting them to give me the money - its just I am not content with the overall service they provide and amount of errors which occur at their end - sometimes I feel like I am running my own Account!

They're happy to extend & increase my business facilities etc - just wondering if there's a reliable service provider who does what they say, how they say it and when they're going to do it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Why dont you extend a hand to a business partner in Waterford?

Get a partner onboard who is more liquid and willing to take on new office in Waterford?

LouOB wrote: »
    Why dont you extend a hand to a business partner in Waterford?

Get a partner onboard who is more liquid and willing to take on new office in Waterford?

Thanks, good idea - but my existing Partner may be a little alarmed! - Sorry I should have mentioned the business structure.

Thanks for thinking outside the box!

don't really want to bad mouth my bank - suffice to say they're ultimateley owned by a fgn bank - which has no baring on them as a whole - just down here.

Got no problem with them getting them to give me the money - its just I am not content with the overall service they provide and amount of errors which occur at their end - sometimes I feel like I am running my own Account!

They're happy to extend & increase my business facilities etc - just wondering if there's a reliable service provider who does what they say, how they say it and when they're going to do it!

Why not? If they're not doing a good job then you should be saying who it is.

I guessing the bank in question is BOSI or Ulster.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Thanks, good idea - but my existing Partner may be a little alarmed! - Sorry I should have mentioned the business structure.

Thanks for thinking outside the box!

get your existing partner on board also
    if both of you are having 'liquid' issues
    find a person you both can work with that is
    1.experienced or looking for the experience
    2.has the cash
    3.willing to travel ie waterford(or already in situ)/dublin
    4.contact IDA to put you intouch with advisor

just ideas as cash is tight out there at the mo amoung the banks

LouOB wrote: »
    get your existing partner on board also
    if both of you are having 'liquid' issues
    find a person you both can work with that is
    1.experienced or looking for the experience
    2.has the cash
    3.willing to travel ie waterford(or already in situ)/dublin
    4.contact IDA to put you intouch with advisor

just ideas as cash is tight out there at the mo amoung the banks

The IDA aren't "really" interested in homegrown orgs. Enterprise Ireland is another option. They have a set criteria regarding companies they support. In reality, you would have to have something to export if they were to support you.

• Advertisement

stepbar wrote: »
    Why not? If they're not doing a good job then you should be saying who it is.

I guessing the bank in question is BOSI or Ulster.....

Its BoSI - we're getting the runaround from them - been in touch with UB tho already and they seem good so far

Advertisement