Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multifeed lnb holder.

• 10-07-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got an 80cm dish, but of course there is no markings on it so I've no idea what make it is (and the buddy I got it off doesnt know either), could be one of those lidl dishes for all I know.

So If I can get the proper multi-lnb bracket, I was looking at these, lnb multifeeds.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=370033616379&Category=85434&_trksid=p3907.m29

Just wondering how flexible these are ? I want to get 13' and 19' and probably something else, what that something else is I dont mind (will already be getting 28' from the sky dish).

ta,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

I have the same item getting 13/19/28, so about 15 degree spread there, not much more, unless you fashioned your own attachments to connect each of the LNB holders together; spread then limited to what dish can handle.

If by flexible you mean "bendy", then no, the aluminium, like the one in the link you posted, is very firm when tightened up. There is a plastic version that is more "flexible", obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

About 18 degrees, with stronger stations on edge is max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

thanks for the info, I suppose just to hear it works is the first thing.

flexible, I mean can you adjust the spacing and get 10', 13' , 19' or say 7' 13' 19' , or whatever combination of 13' 19' and something else (I suppse minus 16' from which I've seen in other threads)

looking at the different sats on this page, and working on a 15 to 18 degree limit.
    http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

syboit wrote: »
    thanks for the info, I suppose just to hear it works is the first thing.

flexible, I mean can you adjust the spacing and get 10', 13' , 19' or say 7' 13' 19' , or whatever combination of 13' 19' and something else (I suppse minus 16' from which I've seen in other threads)

looking at the different sats on this page, and working on a 15 to 18 degree limit.
    http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php

I doubt you would get 10 and 13 with this type of holder. For example, my 13 and 19, although there are a couple of cm's between the circular parts of the LNB (horn), the nature of the rod-parts (the way it's cut/drilled) that hold the LNBs together mean I could only get them maybe another 5mm closer together. So the minimum degree spread between two satellite positions is probably not much less than 5 degrees, certinally not as low as 4 degrees.

7/13/19 is likely easily done though.

A 10/13 spread may be possible with a custom made rod-part and slim LNBs. If you do get the holder, how the custom made rod-part would need to be made will be obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

my dish is aligned to 16 degree, would it be possible to receive 13 & 19 using this holder, without realigning the dish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

IrishBazza wrote: »
    my dish is aligned to 16 degree, would it be possible to receive 13 & 19 using this holder, without realigning the dish?

Hi, I dont believe so. from what I've read getting 16 with a mixture of other sats seems a tricky job due to spacing, and size of lnbs etc etc. It was mentioned else where by using a waverfrontier t90 (I think) and certain lnbs only 13, 16, 19 is possible.

biologikal wrote: »
    I doubt you would get 10 and 13 with this type of holder. For example, my 13 and 19, although there are a couple of cm's between the circular parts of the LNB (horn), the nature of the rod-parts (the way it's cut/drilled) that hold the LNBs together mean I could only get them maybe another 5mm closer together. So the minimum degree spread between two satellite positions is probably not much less than 5 degrees, certinally not as low as 4 degrees.

7/13/19 is likely easily done though.

A 10/13 spread may be possible with a custom made rod-part and slim LNBs. If you do get the holder, how the custom made rod-part would need to be made will be obvious.

Thanks again, 13 and 19 are my only main concern but since there will be a free port might aswell use it, really not that fused on what the 3rd will be. Suppose I can just play around with it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

syboit wrote: »
    It was mentioned else where by using a waverfrontier t90 (I think) and certain lnbs only 13, 16, 19 is possible./QUOTE] Yes, I have wavefrontier setup with 13/16/19 - only possible with slimline lnbs such as those offered by Alps (the ones i use) or Invacom. Even then, they're all jammed together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭karl200607

Hi

I have recently bought a triax multi lnb holder for use with the td110.
    I have tried to set it up for 1w 5e 13e and 19 e.I have focused the dish on 13e using the 2nd holder from the right.

My problem is that 1w and 5e have got very bad reception and i have switched the bracket upside down as mentioned with the tilt all the way down but its still the same.
    The included instructions only give distances from lnbs for scandanavia so no good for here.

Any help will be greatly apreciated

Thankyou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

I'm not a fan of triax multifeed brackets, but you might be expecting a bit much to receive 1W and 19E on a 110cm dish.

As 1W and 5E are weaker over Ireland, I would try aligning the dish to 5E at the focus, with 1W, 13E and 19E offset. If 19E is too poor, then realign the dish towards 7E and try again.

To get the maximum use of the dish, you should also try the following modification to the bracket.
    http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/3satsystems.htm

mod1.gif

Thanks zaphod.

The only reason i am trying to use this multi lnb holder is because there is too much play in my diseqc motor to enable reliable reception in heavy winds.

I may try to just get the triax polarmount and 12" actuator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

drill a new hole about 1/3rd from left.

36V actuator is way to go on bigger dish
    multifeed.jpg

WEST 28E
    23.5E
    19E--L--13E EAST

Hole is 2rds along to right (east) and dish aligned at 16E at the L on the bracket LNB list

28E to 13E. You can almost get 7E on right end. So in Theory it will do 19E to 1W,
    (Put 19E where the 28E is on left edge)

You will lose the weaker 19E channels.

As you can see one advantage of the multiLNB bracket is Quattros and upto 1000 receivers from one dish
    Other is instant channel changes from 13E to 28E

Thanks watty.

I will try that suggestion seems the right way to go.

Advertisement