Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AHS Advanced Heating System

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Personally I`d use 80 watt spots.Have a bank of 2 or 3 at one end wired to a timer switch.

According to that site

150 watt up to 36" long * 24’’ wide * 24’’ high

You should be ok with two 75watt bulbs mounted in the roof.Would work out a lot cheaper than that unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

http://www.petzoo.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=703
    does any1 know where i can get 1 of these in dublin/kildare?? or does any1 have any recomendations on how to heat a 6ftx3ftx3ft viv for a carpet python

These are a good job mate and will last years,bulbs blow.Try
    Ben in reptile haven,he'll be able to order them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

but they ruin the look of the tank and tend to bake 1 spot. money isnt too much of an issue. i want the best equipment i can afford. the ahs system keeps the tank at a constant temp and turns it self on and off as needs be. ill ask ben about it. he got me the tank for a great price....and suggestions on a misting system???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭SCI

but they ruin the look of the tank and tend to bake 1 spot. the ahs system keeps the tank at a constant temp and turns it self on and off as needs be. ill ask ben about it. he got me the tank for a great price....and suggestions on a misting system???

Do you need a misting system for a carpet mate??
    If you don't like the look of the Ahs system why don't you go
    for a ceramic heater on a pulse stat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

and the ceramics are the same really. i would need atleast 2!! are they much better than a heat lamp???? the ahs looks to be an excellent choice and well worth the money.. the misting system is really just to top off my set-up.. i would prob just use it during his shed cycle or for 2 days after he eats!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement