Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american in galway looking for some work

Options
  • 10-07-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

im currently living in kilkerrin, co. galway. im looking for some work under the table right now until i get my citizenship sorted. im dating an irish girl and im looking into getting my EU citizenship through heritage. if anyone knows of anything for work, id appreciate a heads up. im not looking for anything full time right now. just something to keep a little change in my pocket. the dollar is horrible right now so im losing a pretty good chunk of my change when i buy stuff. i plan on living here for life. im not one of those people who moved here just to make money...im here because i genuinely love the country. also im looking to make some new friends. if anyone wants to go out sometime and grab a beer, let me know. kilkerrin is a little farming village, so theres not much to do, lol. i appreciate any help you can give me. and im american, but im not annoying, lol

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

i plan on living here for life. im not one of those people who moved here just to make money.
    That's good because the money boat set sail and sank two miles out to sea. Jobs are few and far between even for locals so it's just going to take some leg work.

Services are the place to look towards now unless you want to do a course and learn anything to do with green energy and rating and upgrading houses to be more "green". That's where the cash is going to be here and every where else in the world.

All the under the table work was always in the building trade and they can barely keep themselfs afloat. So your going to have to find a proper full on "job".

Advertisement