Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Strand

Options
  • 10-07-2008 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi

I know this is Dublin county south forum but I want to throw a question out there anyway...im thinking of moving to Marino, it looks like a nice area, however ive heard that Fairview is a rough area, especially at night. Ive heard of gangs drinking in Fairview park, and trouble on the strand road. As a father of young children this concerns me. Can anyone shed any light on these concerns?

Much appreciated

Brendan

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

no Idea why this is on the southside tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Doesn't belong in County North either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Marino is just as bad as Fairview tbh. Either way I wouldn't walk through there on my own in the night time and I wouldn't want my kid growing up with some of the people you find there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

jasus christ I always thought Fairview was a decent area, marino is nicer too. I mean it's literally across the road from Clontarf too and really close to town. I went to school there and used to pass through it daily and never had any trouble. Walking through parks at night in dublin is not adviced though, F park is where that italian lad got bottled and is paralysed. Guido was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

Marino is grand these days. It was one of the first council housing schemes built in independent Ireland, so its fairly settled by now. It's so close to areas like Clontarf and Griffith Avenue, and it proximity to town, have made it a desirable location for house buyers.

Places like Fairview, North Strand, & East Wall can be a bit rougher - but still shouldn't be an issue. Ballybough and Summerhill are rougher again, and best to simply avoid them.

Fairview Park is fine during the day, the worst you might see is some kids drinking or on a motorbike, but that's rare. But don't go in there at night. The Guido was attacked there at night, his attacker was from East Wall. Guido had gone chasing after a bunch of kids he thought had stolen his wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Lived on Marion Crescent for about two years back in 2002. Really liked the area very handy for everything. Fairview park like park is not somewhere to go after dark you get gangs of Eastwall/northstrand teenagers have a few cans etc and they can be intimidating if you have that disposition. The Marino area was somewhere we would have liked to have moved to when our little fella came along but was just out of our reach finacially at the time. I would have no hesitation moving in to the area. The houses are typical ex corpo and a lot have been substantially renovated. The area is very popular with professionals from the IFSC and East Point.

Pro's
    Nice Green Areas
    Great Location for Town
    Schools
    Pubs etc (Harry Bynes short stroll away quality pub)

Cons
    Parking,Parking,Parking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

marino is a great area. my sis lives on brian road.

Advertisement