Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who Exhibition

Options
  • 10-07-2008 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I got along to the the Doctor Who Exhibition at Earls Court in London there on Sunday.

2655124425_02578bcf53.jpg

It was sort of fun I guess... Nice to see all the props and costumes from the new series (Well, seasons 1-3 anyway)

I think overall the exhibit shows a lack of imagination though. It would have been great to see stuff from the old series if they could track the props down. Being able to see the evolution of Cybermen and Dalek designs over the years would have been cool.

The Cybermen part of the exhibit cracked me up completely though, as it looks like two Cybermen putting out some sweet moves on the dance floor of a disco.

The section with the Cult of Skaro was brilliant though. It's starts off with Dalek Sek saying "ELEVATE!" and then rising from behind a crate, then two more of them emerge from the sides of the room and start screaming at you as well until they open fire on you with lasers.

It captured the Dalek experience really well and you do get a shiver down your spine.

Anyway... it's worth seeing if you are in London... but definitely not worth traveling over especially to see.

Uploading all my photos here at the moment if you want to take a look...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monkeyfudge/

I was on my own so unfortunately I wasn't able to pose with any of the exhibits... you'd probably have a lot more fun at this if had someone else with you to help take photos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Haha... Here's my Disco Cyberman photo:

2657326606_e7c6d28bd2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

this thread is doubleplussgood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Was there on Sunday - enjoyed it but thought it would be bigger and a bit more interactive - Cult of Skaro bit was great and the Cyberman Disco!

Advertisement