Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Bachelor in Applied Sci in Biosci!!

• 10-07-2008 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I'm currently working full time and hope to go back to college this September (yesh I realise I am woefully late in deciding this). I hope to studi Biosciences in DKIT and was wondering does anyone know the chances of it coming up in CAO vacancies this year?

Help/ Advice would be REALLY appreciated!!:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hi,

I'm currently working full time and hope to go back to college this September (yesh I realise I am woefully late in deciding this). I hope to studi Biosciences in DKIT and was wondering does anyone know the chances of it coming up in CAO vacancies this year?

Help/ Advice would be REALLY appreciated!!:o

I think its highly likely that there will be spaces ! Science wouldn't be one of the more popular courses at Dkit.

Are you waiting till september to see if spaces are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 i-want-my-nic

Yeah I'm hoping there'll be some vacancies released August 18th/ 19th after the LC results - was v foolish not apply in Feb - waiting & not knowing is quite annoying lol!:pac:

I'd be fairly hopeful, I took a vacancy 3 years ago in software development which would usually have large numbers so I'd say bioscience would have vacancies. Is it only the one course your interested in?

Well I'd do another course in Biosci or that area if it came up, but after I looked into it a bit it looked like that course in DKIT would be the most likely t come up!
    Hope it does!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Never got around to mentioning this is my first choice now, a mate told me about it and it sounds good =P

• Advertisement

Yeah it looks v interesting - I'd love t get into it, but can't find out until the LC results are out unfortunately; I spoke with the college and they reckon it's highly likely there'll be places so I'll just hope for the best :D

If the college reckons its likely then I'd be fairly sure you'll get a place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

draffodx wrote: »
    If the college reckons its likely then I'd be fairly sure you'll get a place :)

And them saying that means I'll almost defo get a place!

Advertisement