Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Rav 4 Diesel? Opinions needed!!!!

Options
  • 10-07-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

ok thinking of buying a 08 rav 4 diesel from the north, just wanted to get your opinions on same! what are they like on diesel, how much will it cost to tax on the new system?? I have also tried to see vrt and for some reason it keeps saying there is no such vehicle!!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

there is plenty of info re road tax etc littered all over this forum.

But as for an opinion on the Rav4 - well I have driven 2,an swb and a lwb and also its rival the X-Trail - I would go for the X-Trail every time. Better ride - more solid feel and lower road noise.

But if I was to be honest I would look into the new Ford Kuga instead. The Rav4 is no spring chicken and even when it was new was no great shakes in terms of dynamics, and the cabin plastics are just terrible imo - tacky !

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you're mentioning long and short wheelbase Rob, I presume you're referring to the old model.

there was a new model in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If it's a D4D (what else could it be) it will be as reliable as sunrise tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

its a d4d, 2008 model...

Advertisement