Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Cryptopsy album.

• 10-07-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Lot of drama floating about the internet over this one, with drummer Flo bashing all the previous fans who didn't like the new album... Now I like Cryptopsy (even Once Was Not), but doesn't this just plain suck:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

They seem to have tried real hard to make that drum kit sound like a firing squad :confused:

Musically very impressive, very impressive playing, bass especially, but it sounds like a mess, doesnt seem to have a great deal of co-ordination. Uninspiring stuff it has to be said, although I've never been a huge cryptopsy fan I've always been impressed with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think after Jon Levasseur left, the creativity has gone. Oh, and I freakin' depsise that new vocalist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Yep, this band isn't Cryptopsy at all, really. Flo is the only member left. May as well call it "Handsome Flo and The Ugly Ones." What the hell was that indiscernible wall of noise anyway? It's basically "brayyyykdeeewwwns" and mindless blasts. I can't honestly see how anyone could enjoy this uninspired mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Lot of drama floating about the internet over this one, with drummer Flo bashing all the previous fans who didn't like the new album... Now I like Cryptopsy (even Once Was Not), but doesn't this just plain suck:

Hold on a minute!

I liked once was not!

What i've heard and been told about it has been horrible.

I shant investigate further

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rasherbyrne

lost interest in these lads in the lads number of years, and from what i've heard of the new one it is pure muck!!

the new singer makes my eaars bleed. that track is all over the shop.

none so vile and BMF are the only two i'd ever listen to by them. think it would be best if flo called it a day on cryptopsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Flo lost a bit of kudos for me claiming gravity blast was a new sensation when jazz drummers were doing it decades ago and Kataklysm were doing it in extreme metal 10 years ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

love this band,espically the bass playing,but thats sound horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

sounds like alot of Death metal bands TBH

Advertisement