Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti-climb paint

Options
  • 10-07-2008 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Is anti-climb paint legal in Ireland.
    I need to discourage children from congregating on the wall at the back of our apartment block.
    I wouldn't be painting the top of the wall without also erecting accompanying warning sign.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Mailman wrote: »
    Is anti-climb paint legal in Ireland.
    I need to discourage children from congregating on the wall at the back of our apartment block.

It's legal, Ive used it. Sometimes known as anti -vandal paint.

You've got to be really careful where you apply it - basically if anyone can touch off it accidentally you're responsible for cleaning them, their clothes etc. So it needs to be well out of ordinary reach.

It's foul stuff to use by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Thanks. Were you able to buy it locally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 godspenis

Woodies has it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Our local Corporation put it on a lot off walls around here, but after a month or two, the kids were back on the walls, so I don't know if it wears off or what, but be prepared to reapply it fairly regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

old machine grease kept me off walls when I was a young one ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Mailman wrote: »
    Thanks. Were you able to buy it locally?

Don't recall where I got it, but didn't have to special order it or that, probably MRCB or Fleetwood paint ctr (was in the trade at the time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

thanks to all. I bought some in Woodies in Lucan.

Advertisement