Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name and Shame of members of management company

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

athtrasna wrote: »
    Not as easy as that!!! If you've signed legal documents at purchase to say you will contribute to the management fund of the development at a set rate then regardless of whether or not you benefit from the services.

In our development each unit pays a % of the budget depending on unit size. I don't get window cleaning, common area cleaning, fire alarm service etc lie the common area apartment because I have my own front door but according to the documents I signed I can't pick and choose what my fee covers.

Buyer beware...but we learned too late!

Fair point mate, and I agree that you are right.

Can you not try and change the documents legally though? Stuff that the NCA has published and other stuff from the Law Reform Commission might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

daheff wrote: »

As for people saying "you signed a contract when you bought your house"...that doesnt wash with me....you were not given a choice..you had to sign the contract to get the house/apt.

It's a legal matter if you break a contract.

You refuse to pay your charges and you haven't a leg to stand on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Fair point mate, and I agree that you are right.

Can you not try and change the documents legally though? Stuff that the NCA has published and other stuff from the Law Reform Commission might help.

To change the documents the company would have to be dissolved and a new managment company set up. You then would have to get every owner to sign up to the new terms and believe me that would NEVER happen.

Our management company got the management agent to get solicitors to go through all the documents and see if there was any way to get around it but there isn't.

I thought we were very informed when we bought, knew about no pets, no satellite dishes etc but nothing you read or think prepares you for the niggles and pains of living in a managed deveopment.

Advertisement