Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Black Crowes

• 10-07-2008 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

These guys are one of my favoutite bands.
    Love their bluesy, funky, soulful, mellow style.

I see that Chris Robinson has rejoined after a few years doing his own thing.
    Never saw them live, hopfully they'll tour Europe again soon.

Just wondering what the general consencus was on them ??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Liked the stuff they did with Jimsta Page. They cancelled their live gig here with him though and I am screwed again out of seeing any of the members of my beloved Zeppelin live ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Just wondering what the general consencus was on them ??

Terrific band!

Loved their set on the Monsters of Rock 91 show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Great band, the new album, Warpaint, is a corker.

Doubt they'll ever top the excellence of Shake Your Moneymaker/The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion, though. And they were lucky the Georgia Satellites never fulfilled their potential first. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

Must get there new album, there's some decent tunes on Lions and By your side. They've played here numerous times, still yet to catch them. Steve Gorman is an excellent drummer, does a great job on the Led Zep/Jimmy Page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I love them. Felt they were going a bit downhill with the last two albums, but redeemed themselves with the latest one. I actually hated the new album at first, but after a few listens I can't get enough of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Great live band! Seen them a few times, new album is a return to form and glad to hear Luther Dickinson play so well, should play here early next year.

Advertisement