Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SBS or Hosted Exchange?

• 10-07-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Having trouble deciding on this one. Has anyone used a hosted exchange service. For the non-profit company I am onboard with we can get SBS landed & legit for about $98 incl 5 user CAL.

Right now I only need myself and one other person on exchange, the others dont need it yet. But even at that its $214 a year for just two hosted mailboxes.

Id lean towards setting up an SBS, but then its running on a "consumer" internet connection and of course I need to implement our sever hardware and a backup strategy?

Hosted seems like the easy way out I guess but more costly as we get towards 3+ users which will happen shortly.

Any opinions/experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Do you have any servers /domain in place already? What are you doing in terms of backup? If you have no need for a domain / fileservers or similar services, then hosted exchange sounds like a better option.... no hardware costs or overhead.

Re SBS, I've used SBS 4/4.5 (I think), an absolute dog. I've heard newer versions are much improved, some good features and remote workplace facilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

OP, are you actually capable of supporting SBS (skills, time)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

it really depends on your growth expectations, if you are staying with 2 users I'd really recommend you stay with hosted... its far cheaper and less overhead.

I personally wouldn't consider an exchange environment for less than 70 users... but that's just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭tech

Cance what mail solution would you use for 50 users so then?

Advertisement