Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT

Options
  • 10-07-2008 5:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi,

I am an L Driver and have my NCT next week - do i need a qualified driver with me when i bring my car for the test and do i need to have my L-plates up. I have them down at the moment like everyone else it seems but they ask for my Driving License or do they care if i am a L Driver or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

No they dont care weather your a learner driver, its a test to make sure your car is roadworthy and an excuse to rev the <SNIP> out of your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mont wrote: »
    Hi,

I am an L Driver and have my NCT next week - do i need a qualified driver with me when i bring my car for the test and do i need to have my L-plates up. I have them down at the moment like everyone else it seems but they ask for my Driving License or do they care if i am a L Driver or not?

What difference does going to get your car NCT'd make to you have to be accompanied? Of course you have to be accompanied.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Mont wrote: »
    Hi,

The NCT are not there to enforce the provisional driver laws. They are there to test your car. It is up to you to respect the laws of the country.

Advertisement