Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Breaks

Options
  • 10-07-2008 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭

Not sure what forum this belongs in, but as my question is aimed at parents I think "parenting" is best suited. Anyways...

I have a family of 4, ranging from 6 to 6 months and during the summer months we try to go on a couple of 3-day breaks in a hotel where there is a decent pool and decent kids club (for ages 4+ or 3+ would be great).

Last year we went on two. Clonmel Park where we got a fantastic deal and was great all round (kids club A1) and Arklow Bay which was alright but kids club not so good (for us).

We're just back from Bunclody, Wexford after staying in the Millrace Hotel in a family suite (2 bedroom + kitchen). Great break and the kids club was very good. They even fed the kids dinner :D:D

We'll be trying for a few more before back to school so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere (for me within 100 miles of Dublin would suit but anywhere really as I'm sure many do as we do). Also if there are any last minute deals that anyone spots, post them too.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Not sure what forum this belongs in, but as my question is aimed at parents I think "parenting" is best suited. Anyways...

I have a family of 4, ranging from 6 to 6 months and during the summer months we try to go on a couple of 3-day breaks in a hotel where there is a decent pool and decent kids club (for ages 4+ or 3+ would be great).

Last year we went on two. Clonmel Park where we got a fantastic deal and was great all round (kids club A1) and Arklow Bay which was alright but kids club not so good (for us).

We're just back from Bunclody, Wexford after staying in the Millrace Hotel in a family suite (2 bedroom + kitchen). Great break and the kids club was very good. They even fed the kids dinner :D:D

We'll be trying for a few more before back to school so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere (for me within 100 miles of Dublin would suit but anywhere really as I'm sure many do as we do). Also if there are any last minute deals that anyone spots, post them too.;)

Hey,

I have been doing research on this for me and my family for our xmas break.

Here are a few for you, that you might like to look t

Bettystown court hotel first of all. part of the clonmel park and arklow bay group.kids club, swim pool. Funtasia close by and big sandy beach!

Kilkenny Ormonde hotel. Lovely leisure centre, kids club etc. New hotel.
    http://www.kilkennyormonde.com/

Slieve russell..

Great kids club here. Very quiet town close by.. lovely swim pool and the two restaurants are fab!!

Best of luck with choosing your break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Tullamore Court is a great place for little ones. 70 miles from Dublin,good pool,good food,nice staff and reasonably priced. I've been there a number of times with my 4 kids and they gave us interconnecting rooms at a very good rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Thanks Quality and Lizzykins.

Clonmel Park - great experience last time and would love to go back.
    Bettystown - as you say part of the Brennans group so we knew about this one. I know the kids would love funtasia, so another good option.
    Kilkenny Ormonde - The kids club looks great. Being Kilkenny there'll be plenty of things to do etc.
    Tullamore Court - I remember looking at staying there a few years ago but didn't come up on my searches this year. Looks great too and worth a call.

Time to detail the mrs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Check out www.supervalugetawaybreaks.com I find it good. I know it's a bit further from you but the Days Hotel in Galway is very good for families and they've got the best childrens club that I've seen.

They also have appartments attached to the hotel so you'd have a bit more room but you can still avail of the hotel's facilities

Advertisement