Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB Open24 Mobile Banking.

Options
  • 10-07-2008 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭

hey,

has anyone tried ptsb's new mobile banking system? you can do transactions over the phone. its only o2 and vodafone for now, but apparently meteor will be set up in the next week or so!

do any other banks do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Bigeamo

Just signed up for this service. It is brilliant. I was amazed at how quick it is. Account balances and mini statements in a matter of 3 seconds. I just knkow that I'm going to use this so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just to clarify - this WAP / GPRS based through your phones browser?

SMS based. You send "Bal" to 51309 and get your balance back in about 3 seconds. Send "Mini" and you get your mini-statement (last 5 transactions). You can also pay bills and transfer money between your own accounts.

The amount of times I've been on my way home on the train and thought "Feck, I never paid my ESB" or whatever. I can do it straight away now.

I was in SuperValue the other day getting a few bits for the wife. I picked up a few extra things for myself (mostly Coke and Chocolate) but then started to panic while I was in the queue, did I have enough on my Laser card to pay for it all. Bal to 51309 and I had the answer within seconds. Still had to put the chocolate back...

I guess that they know that WAP failed with AIB and so are trying something easier...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sounds brilliant. I will sign up.

Do you know what it costs or if it is free?

Totally free, except for the text message, but that is charged by Vodafone or whoever. It's a 51 number so you are charged the standard text rate by your provider. There are no extra charges from permanent tsb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Shame they're using a 51x number. If they used an 08x it would be free for most people under their price plans.

Advertisement