Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gritz

• 10-07-2008 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know a place that does a good Gritz. Have never tried this before but it sounds tasty. I know it is an American dish so may not be as popular here.

Usually pop into town on the weekend for breakfast/lunch so would love to try this if possible.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have never seen grits sold here, ever.
    I have watched a friend try a bowl when we were in N. Carolina a few years back, he didn't enjoy them, in fact he said he thought they were disgusting.
    Think thick corn porridge and you will be right on the money.
    I think they are probably an aquired taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

I discovered grits about three months before moving back to Ireland. I was furious I'd been in the US so long and not experienced them. So good.

Fallon and Byrne have the microwave grits... not the best, but you get the picture.

Polenta is very similar to grits, so you could try using it instead.

Mmmm... grits... with cheddar. Nom nom! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Cheers will check F+B

Part of me thinks they look disgusting, the other part thinks they may be nice.....I want to try them anyway or else I wont be able to get them out of my head :)

Thanks guys

Advertisement