Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

15k-17

Options
  • 10-07-2008 6:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Going to be getting some cash shortly and after all loans etc are cleared I am going to change the car. I don't drink a lot or buy expensive clothes but I really want to treat myself to a decent motor.

I have been looking at a lot of cars and some good deals to be had.

Two questions:

If I handed you 17k in the morning and said get yourself a car, what would you get?

Secondly, what car would you pick for me?

I don't do a whole lot of driving at the moment as my 323 saloon is not going great but I would be doing a lot more driving if I had a better car.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

2004 Alfa GT JTD

2004 Mercedes C200CDI facelift model

2005 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport

would be my choices

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭aidanco

You couldn't buy at a better time at the moment! If it was me i would consider the Volvo S60 D5 2005 model looks good, very fast and easy on juice!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

One more point I should have added. Would I better importing or buying in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

if your looking for something just for you and your partner, then the A3 is a nice choice in 3 door.

If you need a bit of space, i'd be looking at something like a BMW 320d 150bhp, style, power and 4 doors. Good spec too if you get the SE version

Edit: if your looking for something flash, you'd be better off going to the uk. there's more of them over there so prices are cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It depends on what type of car you would like. You need to give us a bit more info ;)

If I was in your position I would buy a honda integra type r (dc5)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

BrynW wrote: »
    It depends on what type of car you would like. You need to give us a bit more info ;)

If I was in your position I would buy a honda integra type r (dc5)
    I would prefer a 4 door. More than likely a saloon.

Not into Integra's or any that type of car.

Advertisement