Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take muesli to go off?

• 10-07-2008 7:35pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I opened a pack of muesli a few months ago and conveniently forgot about it, what would it tast like now? It would still be in date from the pack, but has been opened. It would ahve been already originally dry and what not so did all this time do it harm?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd say it's fine - all the ingredients are dried anyway. It would taste musty if it was stale, and tasting it won't do you any harm IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just found it so trying it for breakfast tomorrow. I'll be looking forward to seeing. :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

enjoy! may be a tad stale on top, but the rest of the pack should be nicer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The nuts could go rancid if exposed for too long. I'd sample one or two of them first tbh. You'll know by how crunchy / non crunchy they are or how nice / nasty they taste. I see I'm a bit late here, but better late than never I hope. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I ate it, it was great. Best stuff ever, can just leave it for months and nothing happens to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Probably about as long as it takes to digest.

Never

:D:D

Advertisement