Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding bank accounts

Options
  • 10-07-2008 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

My mother passed away a month ago, we were supposed to sort all her accounts out but she died a few days before we I could go through it with her. She has a good few different accounts in different places but I'm not sure how to go about locating all of them. Has anyone any advice on how I can search for accounts she may have and how I can get them transferred into her estate? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could check with www.icb.ie and see who might have a history on her I guess? Send round letters to all the major banks ?

I guess you'd need a solicitor to sort it out though?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

as a matter of interest are you taking out probate yourself or employing a solicitor. if writing to a bank or such like you need to show you have authority to get this info...enclose copy will and copy death cert. also most banks etc would send out an annual statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Not getting a solicitor to do this for me, trying to look after it myself and with my sister. So the ICB will have a list of all the banks she has accounts with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Hmmm, looking at the ICB website I'm not sure if they would be much help. My mother didn't have any loans and isn't that what they deal with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Have you got no statements? or bank cards? or any evidence of having bank a/c's?

TBH it would be very hard to find out where she has her accounts. Start with the branch were she was most likely to have bank a/c's with and see how it goes. Perhaps you might be lucky and hope that a statement comes out soon. I would imagine that you are going to have to employ a solicitor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement