Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amnesty Intl in UCD

Options
  • 10-07-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

I was involved in Amnesty in secondary school, but having just finished 1st year, there didn't seem to be much sign of the group on campus, (or maybe I wasn't looking in the right places) does anyone know are they up and running, and if so how I could get in contact/involved?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is World Aid Soc

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Thanks Grimes, I was aware of that, and if Amnesty isn't around I may well join, but as I have a history with the organisation, and I liked the focus on human rights issues, and have worked on some of their campaigns in the past, I'd like to join Amnesty before World Aid. If it exists on campus that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ive been there three years and I have never heard anything about them. However the summer is making my brain lazy and killing my german work ethic so there may well be a presence on campus. Welcome to UCD by the way. As our new VP for Students, Tony the Tiger says.

Its Grrreeeeeaaaaaaat!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

They're about. I know the girl who was their auditor last year. They were around collecting signatures for things, I think they ran a debate along with one of the larger debating socs, maybe the L&H.

I have a membership card somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

As do I, they had a poster in Freshers Week that I found hilarious, THey told me I could have it if I signed up.

They lied...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

Hmm, I'll have to look out for them during Fresher's Week this year. Last year I was seeing everything for the first time and I guess I missed them. Good to know they are lurking about somewhere, anyway. Thanks everybody

Advertisement