Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RE: Atm Card?

Options
  • 10-07-2008 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I'm with Permanent Tsb and I have a standard Atm Card,

Will I be able to use this card on atm's in Spain?

It has the Cirrus logo - Someone said that has something to do with
    whether or not the card can be used abroad.

Totally havent a clue here like haha!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

my understanding is if it has the cirrus logo, then it will work. enjoy your holiday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just find a bank machine with a Cirrus logo and your grand. Should be plenty in Spain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I'm with permanent tsb as well and my has worked in Switzerland so I presume Spain wouldn't be any different

Just a word of warning though, I was charged €4.50 for one withdrawl :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 neonheartbeat

Holy smokes :O

Am thanks for the help.!!

Going off topic here but any general advice on heading abroad?
    (Going 2 Alicante wooo!!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Pop over to the Travel forum and ask for some advice there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=901

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

My GF is also with Permanent TSB and was charged telephone numbers to withdraw cash in the UK over the past 2 weeks.

Also it's worth noting that while many places "out foreign" now accept Maestro cards (Banklink, etc), she had trouble with her Permanent TSb card in a few places - it got refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

The UK is not in the Euro Zone hence the charges.

Advertisement