Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic calendar?

• 10-07-2008 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Have DKIT down on the CAO and was just wondering when do lectures start? or in my case when would first years have to go in? Please dont say the first week in sept? lol:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Usually Registration is in the first week of September with lectures beginning the second week in september

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Ah right :rolleyes::eek: ... thanks :) starts very early compared to other colleges..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

Oh yeah and also what would the timetable be like for a full time course? Would you be kept as late as 6 o'clock? ( just trying to find out because of work etc as i live in dub)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Last year registration was September 3rd - 7th and classes started Monday 10th.
    Our first day (DK721) was an introduction with the lecturers and then classes started early afternoon.
    Expect classes to start at 9am and finish at 5pm.... You will have 26 hours of classes a week between 9-5 Monday to Friday. Friday's was our least packed day of the week.
    First semester we got off at 3pm on Wednesday's so we could do club activities but that stopped in semester 2.
    Travelling from Dublin daily will leave you fooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

All courses have different amounts of hours, yours may not be 26 hours long, it could be less it could be more.

I know a lad who travels from whitehall in dublin everyday and says its fine, the bus service to and from dublin is pretty good.

it does start early compared to other colleges but then it finishes earlier too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

you may have every second week with a certain day as your long day if they break the class in two for one or two modules. they done that in my course. ASC.

Advertisement