Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labret Piercing Aftercare

Options
  • 10-07-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.
    I know there's a stickied thread for this but it just states diluted mouthwash. Anyway...
    Got my labret piercing today at around 4.30PM, didn't buy the aftercare as I thought I had some at home (silly mistake) - and I'm wondering what I should do to cleanse it for the moment.

Would salt water do? What kind of state am I in without the aftercare for today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Alcohol free mouthwash for the inside of your mouth.
    For the outside just keep it clean with a salt water mix and q-tip.

Sucking on ice can help decrease swelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

How am I sorted without the mouthwash for tonight though? Should I not eat?

You will be fine, eat and be merry :)
    One night won't kill ya. No need to stress at all.

Oh alright cheers that's a relief cheers! Time to dig into these Tesco's finest salt and vinegar crips then.

haha just don't go rubbing em over your labret and you will be fine

• Advertisement

Oh and of course, this thread wouldn't be complete without a picture. Coming back to get ring fitted in 4 weeks :]

25evfuw.jpg
    294tkeg.jpg

Oh yeah, I actually had one before hand as you can make out in the 2nd one (scar is on the left side of my lip - its a tiiiiny dot), but I put in a smaller piece of jewelery and it closed over it, I couldn't force it out so I had to go to the dental hospital to get it cut out. Nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

I just used the salt-water solution both inside and outside for a few weeks, didn't bother with the mouthwash. what jewelry did you put in the previous spot? was it a shorter bar?

larryone wrote: »
    I just used the salt-water solution both inside and outside for a few weeks, didn't bother with the mouthwash. what jewelry did you put in the previous spot? was it a shorter bar?
    It was a retainer, smaller than the ones I had been using.

So I'm looking for a pure white labret ring (after mines healed, of course) -- except I can't find one. All I find are transparent, clear 'white' rings. I'm looking for something solid. Can anyone help? Didn't want to make a new topic on something so trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Just thought I'd mention thats a class piercing..

• Advertisement

Cheers :]

Unfortunately I drank a few shots of Jager + a beer last night (not supposed to drink alcohol with this piercing) but it shouldn't do too much harm, I hope.

Advertisement