Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this Irelands cheapest broadband?

Options
  • 10-07-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

homevision are doing 2 meg broadband with free line rental and free connection for 28.99 a month

if the line rental is 25.36 a month does that mean theyre giving away the broadband for 3.00 euro a month??

theyre also offering the first two months free as well

is it possible for isps to sell it this cheap?

after reading about that i feel like im being raped giving eircom 75euro a month for 3meg broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

you can get 3mb off upc for 20.00 a month and it half price for the first two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

hes probably a shill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

To the best of my knowledge homevision supply cable broadband and give you a cable phone. Thus they do not incur the eircom line rental charge.

Their advertisment might however make the comparison ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

they dont use a cable like ntl,they use the eircom phone lines,thats how i was wondering how it could be so cheap
    they can send tv down the phone lines as well
    http://www.homevision.ie/packages.html

dunworth1 wrote: »
    you can get 3mb off upc for 20.00 a month and it half price for the first two months.

if i could get upc id be happy,its not available in my street yet apparently

• Advertisement

yayamark wrote: »
    hes probably a shill.

nope,just a customer like everybody else

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Interesting to have a look at their terms and conditions:
    4.3 It is essential that you pay your bill by the date specified in your bill by the payment method you have chosen. If you do not pay on time we can stop you using some or all of the Services and charge you interest on what you owe at 4 % above the base lending rate of European Central Bank. We will use the base rate that was in force on the date of the bill and charge you interest until you pay. You agree that if you do not pay a bill on time we can say that you have breached these Terms and Conditions and we can terminate the Services immediately. All these rights are in addition to any other legal rights we may have against you which we may also rely upon and in no way affect your statutory rights.

its really weird that theyve been selling these packages since last year and nobody seems to be on any of them
    if they are the cheapest adsl bitstream reseller in the country why are more people not using it
    they recently put fliers in letterboxes of ballybough,dublin 3,thats how i heard of them
    their tv package is definately crappier than ntls but their broadband seems like great value if if does what its supposed to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Neither is that.

€37.12 - €25.36 line rental for 6mb from Smart = €11.76 a month which does me.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

d22ontour wrote: »
    Neither is that.

€37.12 - €25.36 line rental for 6mb from Smart = €11.76 a month which does me.

;)

€0.00 for 1mb with talktalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

€0.00 for 1mb with talktalk

Does dial-up count ?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bb27

Hi Guys,
    We got stung with Homevision as the exclusive provider to an apartment complex we moved into recently.
    Avoid, avoid, avoid is all I can say. Worst provider by a longshot, their packages don't represent value, especially when they never work to the speeds you've paid for. If they gave it free, it's not value as the broadband & Tv service is forever disrupted and customer service is a complete joke. Funny enough bills always arrive in full on time and I've even been hit with charges for being a week late. I should charge them when their service is so ****e. Seriously and from an unbiased viewpoint I would strongly advisde anyone that's got a choice (unlike me!) to opt for anyone but Homevision.

Advertisement