Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilot Salaries & Contract Pilot Rates

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Could you explain again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eponaessence

hey cessna pilot,
    i am just trying to let my parents know that my brother is lying up a storm for them
    he is just green typed captain, flies ryan air 737, he hardly ever flies once or perhaps 2 / mos, i thought you have a schedule or so like 5 on 5 off etc..
    anyway, he also instruct in the sim/ oxford i guess lease sim time and my brother instruct new hires for their type writing, anyway
    he declaired 18K Euro last year as income but according to my brother he makes =100K Euro/Y. i find this hard to believe and this money is through an agency and is kept in Liechtenstein, somehow perhaps you can explaine this more,
    I jst think my brother is pulling our legs all together
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

hey cessna pilot,
    i am just trying to let my parents know that my brother is lying up a storm for them
    he is just green typed captain, flies ryan air 737, he hardly ever flies once or perhaps 2 / mos, i thought you have a schedule or so like 5 on 5 off etc..
    anyway, he also instruct in the sim/ oxford i guess lease sim time and my brother instruct new hires for their type writing, anyway
    he declaired 18K Euro last year as income but according to my brother he makes =100K Euro/Y. i find this hard to believe and this money is through an agency and is kept in Liechtenstein, somehow perhaps you can explaine this more,
    I jst think my brother is pulling our legs all together
    thanks

I think you should take that up with your brother tbh. How is anyone on here supposed to know about his personal finances??

hello KOL et.al.
    there is no reasoning with my brother, he is a lying dog, I just try to prove this
    even if so, he possibly is not making >50KEuro/Y , and you pay taxes in the country you reside, according to most of these post here, including zone compensation,
    He can't get any specific days off for ex.( our mother big birthday bash) he could not in 6 mos advance, know for sure he was off, what kind of company is that?
    any way, i think i got an idea per some post here and it is obvious my brother is lying all around, to all of us,
    thanks for your replies,

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Deleted at Tengers request by Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I agree with Bramble.

However it is possible that in fact your brother is telling the truth.
    If he is a captain. If he is a training captain too(which it sounds like), then that salary could be appropriate. And it is also possible that if he's working via a contract company that he only declares minimum wage here and then pays the rest to himself offshore. Therefore earning himself a pretty penny.

Why doubt him anyway? He could earn more outside of ryanair in the same position, so he has little reason to lie.

Hey Bramble,
    well, he has been flying as an F/O for ~5Y for Ryan air, but why would they still keep (if he had an outside contract as skipper or...) instead of as an employee, these times the market are flooded with pilot from all layoffs all over... anyway, i thought you pay taxes in the country where you reside too, don't you have to be written as a resident where you have bank accounts too.. at any rate he use to rent a room outside Stanstead but is now based elswere and comute to his flights in the shortest zone I from what I can tell here, any how he also pays all room/board when he do training, at Oxford, strange if you are a trainer for Ryan Air I would think they would put him up somewhere it is all strange,
    Yes he is very vauge about it all, he just got typed as a captain with Ryan Air, so that just happen,
    at any rate I think he is really just lying about all, I know the roster/time table is set like you say, but he just blank said he can not be asking for time off? really strange,
    He does not offer our parents any buddy passes to go places, he is just really up in him self,
    as you can tell i am really fed up with his lies and Sh...t
    thanks for your efforts to clear things up somewhat, i am just a person that like a straight thruth not this bs..
    but for sure the salary is still in the 50K BP, and that is still a good salary, and I am sure Ryan Air want to be clear that their employee pays taxes where they have an address/resides,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

His story could be true is all I'm saying. A captain earns rather more than 50K, especially a training captain. I dont know Ryanairs terms so I cant be more specific than that.
    Keeping money offshore is common practice in the UK for pilots of many airlines.
    Contracting out the pilot jobs to an agency is common practice in Ryanair too.

I think you need to reassess what you were going to "confront" your brother/parents with. You could end up looking a right t1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Has the situation changed since the last post?

Would there be any different treatment for a 25 year old airman from the air corps in recruitment and paygrade in a commercial airline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Would there be any different treatment for a 25 year old airman from the air corps in recruitment and paygrade in a commercial airline
    No, all that will count is your pilot experience unless the interviewer is ex Air Corps. But that won't affect the salary offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Lapmo_Dancer

cp251 wrote: »
    EI pay better than Ryanair. In fact there is no comparison when you take into account the total package incl pension.

Yes they do, for the current pilots. Expect that to change with newly recruited pilots. As a newly re-invented low cost carrier. They cannot afford to continue the current salary progression. There is a strong downward pressure on pilot salaries which this current economic situation is not helping.

I believe EI pilots have recently agreed an 11% payrise. Interesting to come back to this post 10 years later......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

We lost 10% overnight for Greenfield on basic salary alone notwithstanding a lot of other concessions that hit our back pockets. 11% over the coming years will never make up for that. Google the time value of money.

Advertisement