Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional licence

Options
  • 10-07-2008 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

My first provisional licence is out of date in a month. I havent really had many lessons or driven much or attempted the test. Obviously i need to renewed this licence but where do i apply? And am i applying for a 2nd provisional or this new learner permit?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

My first provisional licence is out of date in a month. I havent really had many lessons or driven much or attempted the test. Obviously i need to renewed this licence but where do i apply? And am i applying for a 2nd provisional or this new learner permit?
    Cheers
    Provisional/permit, from now on there is no difference, the requirements and restrictions are the same. Get the form from your library or motor tax office.

Its the same form, just with Permit written on it instead of Provisional licence to emphasise

Permit to Learn, NOT Licence to Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They are no longer giving provisonal licenses, only learner permits. You will receive a 2nd learner permit, this DOES NOT entitle you to drive unaccompanied. You can apply at your local motor tax office office

Advertisement