Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tescos food out of date by 4 months

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

axer wrote: »
    are you saying Tesco doesn't?

I'm not saying they don't- what I am suggesting is that they have a much more lax approach to this than other large retailers have. From personal experience I've bought Sodastream syrup which was years out of date (as of last Saturday they still had 6 of them on the shelf, despite my complaint), peanuts a couple of months out of date, out of date crisps, fresh fruit in a basket with mouldy fruit in the base of the basket etc etc. I do occasionally get similar elsewhere- but it really doesn't appear to be as prevailant as in Tesco. I have complained and received my money back numerous times (and I did get a heartfelt apology from the manager on Baggot Street), but it just seems to go on and on........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dsheppard@eirco

they said i have a case, and probably an even stronger one now that they have offered that 80 euro voucher, admission of guilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I dont believe it was an oversight on my part, when i go into a shop, i dont think i should have to go through there stock to see if its ok for consumption, thats why they pay staff, secondly, after the weekend i put down 80euro voucher is an insult, i have lost confidence in tesco's to ever to my shopping there again, why would i accept a voucher, and its now a matter of principal i feel its my responsibility to try and let this not happen again, so if i have to go to court I WILL!

AXER, i want tesco's as smccarrick said to How about employ staff to cycle stock and remove stock that is out of date from the shelves? Like every other retailer does?
    I didnt say the oversight was yours i meant Tesco.But peple make mistakes you are better off going to court as i said in my earlier posts that your child was ill the next time somebodies child could die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dsheppard@eirco

NO AXER i dont accept responsibility at all, if i should have to check stock in tesco's for there use by date's, i will apply for a job there and get paid to do it.
    you obviously have no children! and maybe you should apply for a job there, seen that your such a big FAN:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread locked until I (or another mod) have such time as to figure out what's going on here.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement