Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SteamBoy

Options
  • 10-07-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

I watched steamboy there lately and I was fairly disappointed.
    I thought it started off grand, a bit of action, mystery, story building etc but at some point they just stopped with the adventure and turned it into a big expensive spectacle of nonsense.
    How did ye find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I got it like 2 years ago,tried watching it,got bored of it and its been sitting in my room ever since,nothing special

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I thought it was a decent film. Very well animated but not so spectacular storywise.

I bought the single disc edition when it first came out kept meaning to watch it and never got around to it. Then awhile back I saw the box set going cheap bought it and have yet failed to watch either cut of the film. I really must get around to it sometime soon as I have been looking forward to seeing it for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

I bought the single disc edition when it first came out kept meaning to watch it and never got around to it. Then awhile back I saw the box set going cheap bought it and have yet failed to watch either cut of the film. I really must get around to it sometime soon as I have been looking forward to seeing it for a very long time.

You own two copies of a film youve never seen? :eek:

eoin5 wrote: »
    You own two copies of a film youve never seen? :eek:

The box set has a really nice book and art cards with it, plus it's the directors cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I get taken in by extras as well! I rarely watch them but for some reason I really like getting them anyway. And different box art/graphic booklets are actually worth the extra money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

fitz0 wrote: »
    I get taken in by extras as well! I rarely watch them but for some reason I really like getting them anyway. And different box art/graphic booklets are actually worth the extra money

I think were all suckers for bargains and extras, though I did watch both the original and rebuffed versions of Akira and the feel of both was a bit different. Sometimes it worth it I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

I big disappointment by my book.

Advertisement