Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clicking noise on Primera

Options
  • 11-07-2008 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

Anyone know off hand what would cause this. When i accelerate or decellerate a slight click comes from down near the wheel area on the drivers side.

Haven't had a chance to get under and have a look yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Could be the rubber bushes on the suspension arm worn, my friend has the same problem and thats what caused it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

Does it happen when your going slow in 1st or 2nd and if you tip the accelerator you hear a clunk and when you let off you hear a clunk? If so then it sounds like the tie bar (part screwed to the steering rack and track rods).

Jack up the car and shake the wheel and listen to where the noise is coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

before you go to all that trouble.... see if there's a stone caught in your hub cap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

also check you have a little grease on your door hinges and checkstrap, sometimes that makes a noise as you slow or accelerate. But then again it may well be in your steering or suspension.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The almera does the same thing, only its when im braking. Very loud 'pop'. So loud, that people turn around because they think Ive hit another car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Is it just the one click or several clicks?

If it's the latter it could be a worn CV joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

peasant wrote: »
    Is it just the one click or several clicks?

If it's the latter it could be a worn CV joint.

Its just one click! No clicking when turned it. I've ruled out the CV. ALthough i did get the CV boots changed a while ago. No hubcaps on the car.

Click is more of a ping its not too lud.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Its just one click! No clicking when turned it. I've ruled out the CV. ALthough i did get the CV boots changed a while ago. No hubcaps on the car.

Click is more of a ping its not too lud.
    Take off your wheel and have a look at the rubber bushes on the suspention arm, see are they worn.

Advertisement