Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what is happening on Up Rathmines Road?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

There are MP's with guns and they have the road by the centra and londis blocked off... Anyone in the know?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's a coup. No, not a pigeon.

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Oh come on stuff like this gets posted on AH all the time! Best place to get an answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its probably just arms being either taken out of or being brought into the barracks

No no , i know what that is like i am an army brat. This is no where near the brua and there are people standing out on the road, im half tempted to go and have a look... too much like my mother though!

Well that centra is 24 hours I think so it might have gotten robbed. I'm at the other end of Rathmines and I haven't heard a peep though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jules wrote: »
    There are MP's with guns and they have the road by the centra and londis blocked off... Anyone in the know?

There's just been an EOD call out (Explosive Ordnance Disposal), its a regular occurance these days.

Pipe bombs eh - can't live with 'em, can't live without em!.

Was thinking that myself, there was on ein the same place about a month ago.

Centra up here is open till 12 :( nearest 24hr is the one beside rob yore pockets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I used to work in that Centra.

One day this absolute beaut came in and bought 24 condoms. I says to her "some fella is in for a good night".

She just grimaced and walked out.

I'd like to think I've moved on since then but I haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

IanCurtis wrote: »
    I used to work in that Centra.

One day this absolute beaut came in and bought 24 condoms. I says to her "some fella is in for a good night".

She just grimaced and walked out.

I think your confusing this forum with After Hours :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

could it be a two for one on the breakfast rolls:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

They were getting in before the rush for breakfast rolls?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

see, this is why women should be allowed carry guns. you should have been shot for saying that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Mairt wrote: »
    I think your confusing this forum with After Hours :rolleyes:

chill out will ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Thought Rathmines was a safe area? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

IanCurtis wrote: »

+100000000000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Jules wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself, there was on ein the same place about a month ago.

Centra up here is open till 12 :( nearest 24hr is the one beside rob yore pockets!

I didn't know that Centra up there was only until 12. Learn something new every day.

I'm down the other end of Rathmines, although the siren-y van would have passed by but happily i sleep through all forms of sirens, bells, air raid alarms and burglar alarms.

Was it a hoax in the end, or was there a pipe bomb? And, what the heck is going on up there - is someone unpopular living up that end of Rathmines??!?!

Na just a lot of scumb bags tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

So, do we know what actually happened?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Nothing in the news about it.

There's a lot of this stuff going on lately. Bomb scare on Charlemont St (or 'Charlo' as the local urchins call it) a week ago... think there was one out in Rathmines on the same day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Celtic Lion

there was a low flying helecopter at the top of the rathmines road where the canal is last night at about 12 o'clock, stayed in the same spot for about 5 minutes then went off, very odd

• Advertisement
Advertisement