Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which 4 Seasons?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 12:58am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've got a good deal for staying at either of the two 4 Seasons (in Carlingford or Monaghan) and am trying to decide which one to go for.

My sister has stayed in the Carlingford one a few times and it comes highly recommended from her - the only thing putting me off it are the limited availability of dates through the particular deal I have.

I've got far more choice with the Monaghan one and can pretty much pick my dates but I don't know anyone who's stayed there so am not sure if it's as good (or as near to the town and easy to get to by bus, for that matter).

I'd imagine they're both quite similar in terms of quality as they're both supposed to be 4-star and are both owned by the same crowd but you never know.

So - anyone been to both (or know enough about both) to tell me which one is better?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I hear they're both very good. If you stay in Carlingford you're only 15 minutes from the good deals to be had in Newry etc. There are also some nice drives and walks.

You may want to put a thread in Monaghan and one in Louth, the main N/E forum doesn't seem to get as much traffic since the county fora were instigated. Let me know if you want this moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

The 4 seasons in Carlingford is on the outsirts of Carlingford, a picturesque small old village with a some excellent restaurants, tucked under a mountain, on the shores of the scenic Carlingford lough.

The 4 seasons in Monaghan looks down on a Maxol garage, close to a roundabout.

I'll let you decide :)

Advertisement