Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting PS3 directly to internet

Options
  • 11-07-2008 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

(sorry if this is the wrong section)

just how do i go about plugging my PS3 straight into the internet?, no router etc
    so i can get a NAT1 instead of a NAT3 connection

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do you have broadband? If so you should be able to connect an ethernet cable (it looks like a phone connection but a little fatter) from your ps3 to your modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 willyGTi

no i still end up with NAT3 by doing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

if i plug my PS3 directly into my UPC Motorola cable modem i have Nat 1 but if i go into the router i get Nat 2.

i also have a PS3 hooked up to a bt connection with a Netopia router and that is Nat 2 also .

have a look here and look for a guide for your router to help you get rid of the Nat 3 problem .

Advertisement