Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Attending the German GP

• 11-07-2008 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey im going to the german gp next weekend and i was wondering if anyone has been to the circuit before and has any tips that will make my weekend all the more enjoyable!
    Ive been to one in Silverstone before but that was several years ago,so if anyone had any do's and dont's for the weekend it would greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

Yeah,.........I went years ago !
    Its a fantastic weekend away ! what package are you on ?

If your staying in frankfurt, then its 90 km or mile journey to the track. which can take a while , ie for the early qualifying etc, you got to be up early. So keep a half decent head on the Friday night !!!!

The city is cool , and the weather is usually nice.

I sat up at the jim Clarke curve, but i walked around the track and anywhere would be pretty good !!
    Walking along the side of the straights you tend to feel right up on top of the cars ! the noise of the engines puts a shiver down your back :)

so best advice i can give you is :
    1. dont wear earplugs !!!
    2. Have a good time

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

Thanks for the reply!!

Im not on a package as such!im studying in germany this year so decided id make my own way up and buy everything seperate!

Yeh im staying in Frankfurt,did u get the "schones wochenende" train ticket down or what?is hockenheim train station far from the track?

what way do people reckon it'l finish?

I went with a package weekend with donnybrook travel.
    There was a coach ready each morning to take us there , and was returning about 1 or 2 hours after the days racing.

Couldnt tell you anything about the trains to be honest.

But There was a campsite on track , and that was festival style atmosphere !!! I was sorry I never hit the campsite for the weekend, it looked loads of fun .
    The campsite was mixed with all sorts , groups of bikers , promotion girls , family units , and racing boffins.
    Wouldnt imagine there would be any trouble, it all looked good natured !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

I've been at it for the last 2 years. It's one of the best racetracks out there. On Sunday I attended for just the day, travelling down from Berlin. Last year we stayed in the campsite and had great craic.

It was a pity that it rained during the 250's and MotoGP races but it made them all the more exciting. It still is amazing to see how quickly these bikes can move through the corners. Hats off to Michelin and Bridgestone !

I was at turn 1 when Dani Pedrosa fell. The initial feeling from the supporters around me was that he was going to get badly injured but everyone was mightly relieved when he got up straight away. These riders are tough cookies !

For anyone who didn't see it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9s2oMJdt8Z0

good video !!! and yer man having a great laugh at the accident !!!

Anyway reminds when I was sitting up at Jim clarke curve , Schumi blew up right in front of our stand , I hopped up cheering ..... none to the amusement of the old germans surrounding me !!!
    however , Schumi and a marshal sat at the barrier oppisite us listening on a portable radio and watching the big screen.
    I whipped out me binoculars and passed them around to fritz and Wolf-gang flanking me........... and we were all friends again :)

Binoculars to a gp ,........ geek of the week !! Im still getting slagged for it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

"Binoculars to a gp ,........ geek of the week !! Im still getting slagged for it"

ah the binoculars arent a bad old thing to have!

i was at the first corner this weekend,was very happy with my spot,could see the whole straight,first corner and pit exit too and with the big screen in front your sorted!alot of cars went off their during the saturday but very few on the sunday!

Advertisement