Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics cards - which is the better card?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

I have these two cards on separate machines:

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

and.....

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/PCI/SSE2

The second one is the one on my new machine. Both computers are used for image editing. My first impression is that the preview images are not as sharp wtih the new one, but I'm just wondering if I'm imagining things? All settings in both Photoshop CS3 and Bridge are the same on both computers.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks.

Have to say that the previews on the monitor with the new card are not as sharp (same monitor, same settings) so the rating of the new card doesn't surprise me. It just doesn't seem as good.

Might have them swapped.

Otherwise this machine is fabulous. Vista 64bit, 8Gb RAM and one of the fastest processors on the market. I love it!

D.

Advertisement