Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan and Magpies

Options
  • 11-07-2008 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Anybody listening to Gerry Ryan at the moment? He's on about trapping maggies. Plenty of lads ringing in saying they shoot them. Ryan wasn't shocked. I suppose the antis will ring in now.........

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Darn. I was hoping someone shot Gerry Ryan with a magpie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

When I first moved into my house two years ago, I had no song birds or very few, but the place was crawling with Magpies. I started trapping and shooting them two years on I have songbirds, swifts under the eaves. I haven't exterminated the mags but have controlled their numbers.

On an aside, my wife always thought I was very cruel trapping and shootin g magpies, until one day she watched a pair hunt a hedge and raid a bluetit nest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

On an aside, my wife always thought I was very cruel trapping and shootin g magpies, until one day she watched a pair hunt a hedge and raid a bluetit nest.

+1

My Missus is from the big smoke and never thought about/witnessed magpie destruction. Now she lives in the country and she's seen the b*st*rds hedge hopping and sees the empty eggs on the ground - she often looks out and whispers, there's one (code for - get a gun darling)! The garden is a sanctuary for everything except rats and magpies. Grey squirrels are soon to be signed off by her too I think! God I love her!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

You have a rare one there alright G17! Did you have to use shock collars or whats your secret:D:D Can I send mine down for some training?:confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rabbit hunter

When I first moved into my house two years ago, I had no song birds or very few, but the place was crawling with Magpies. I started trapping and shooting them two years on I have songbirds, swifts under the eaves. I haven't exterminated the mags but have controlled their numbers.

love shooting magpies(rare)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

I remember Gerry doing that subject a couple of years ago. Some guy said magpies kept landing on the balcony of his apartment and stealing the food he left out for the small birds. He wanted to know if he could hook his metal balcony up the mains and fry them when they landed! :eek:

Mallards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

mallards wrote: »
    I remember Gerry doing that subject a couple of years ago. Some guy said magpies kept landing on the balcony of his apartment and stealing the food he left out for the small birds. He wanted to know if he could hook his metal balcony up the mains and fry them when they landed! :eek:

Mallards

Unfortunatly their legs don't conduct electricity too well...

My wife hates maggers and greys as well..there's a couple coming down to the dogbowl nearly every morning and I'd say she's just about to go down to the cop shop looking for an air rifle licence. :D

chem wrote: »
    You have a rare one there alright G17! Did you have to use shock collars or whats your secret:D:D Can I send mine down for some training?:confused::D

Tried shock collar initially, went right up to tazers, she said they only tickle, she puts pepper spray on her cornflakes too!! Secret - a healthy fear of 'er!

Shucks, I was hoping you could take mine off me for a while!

Anyone know of wife kennels? Oh I forgot, they're called shopping centres!!!

I am, soooo, dead if she ever reads this!!!:eek::D - just in case she does - I love you sweetie pie kissy kissy, my credit card is in the second drawer down from the cooker (that'll be novel, you near the cooker).

I'm too young to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

My Wife sometimes reads these threads :eek:

I love you honey:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

My wife thinks I am gun crazy. And she might be right, I know there no hope of her reading this. did say when I got a gun that I could not shoot anything living.

But thats out the window now.

But lads you must be in the market for some new toys, the way you are licking up to the women folk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Sometimes you just have to play ball with them(To get the new toys):D

Callow Man wrote: »
    Sometimes you just have to play ball with them(To get the new toys):D

Sooooo true!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

funnily enough, last time i was in "aim and swings" place i was looking at his pcp air rifles, he reckons they are sailin out the door to dublin lads lookin to pick off mags in the back gardens. when i lived in drumcondra i remember seeing hundreds of the feckers! theyre cheeky bastrads alright!

Advertisement