Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When Applying for jobs

Options
  • 11-07-2008 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

x

Comments

Why delete your original post? I thought it was quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 242548

posted similar in jobs forum & a tirade of attacks were sent from others & moderators. No longer posting on boards its not what it used to eb and seems more like yahoo mob rule than a well moderated public forum it used to be.

No furtehr posts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If you leave everywhere you are criticised, be it with reason or not, you'll find yourself in a small box somewhere on an island.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

If you leave everywhere you are criticised, be it with reason or not, you'll find yourself in a small box somewhere on an island.

to be sure ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 242548

when someone disagrees with a post - i have no problem.

When bullying & personal attacks from moderators & posters come into it I leave.

For those who want to know what the post was about

I have received almost 40 cv's for 5 well paid retail starter jobs - over half had very little detail, no covering letter and poorly printed.

The 20 or so that were well presented and showed an inetrest in the job will be called for interview. e.g. your cv is your first impression. First impressions count.

• Advertisement
Advertisement