Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkey Puzzle Trees

• 11-07-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭

Remember these things? Big pointy behemoths with spines sticking out of every conceivable part of them. They were irrestible to try to climb though, and I spent many an eve licking my bloody wounds and wondering why I kept trying.
    They were nice looking trees too, how come you dont see them any more?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

monkey2.jpeg

Great trees alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Worse when the big kids would take a branch and use it like a nunchuck. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Hell yes! I remember thinking I was great 'cause I could name these trees on school tours, etc. What a cool name for a tree :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

There isn't a Parocial House, Convent, Monastery garden that doesn't have the bould Monkey Puzzle tree, they must have been all the rage one time. Really eyepleasing tree.

My neighbour has one in his back garden. Looks like its double the height of our houses. Bloody big tree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ruu wrote: »
    Worse when the big kids would take a branch and use it like a nunchuck. :/

:)

Pain...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

You still see them in peoples' gardens, they're far from extinct, never mind retro...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Don't like them :pac:

Advertisement