Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to set up Wireless router..

Options
  • 11-07-2008 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to set up a Linksys wireless router with my Digiweb Metro connection and I can't get it to work.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I can only ever get local access/limited connectivity wirelessly.

It's not a fault with the router as a guy I work with had my laptop connected to it wirelessly at work yesterday - but when I got home I still only could get local access.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong? Please move if this is the wrong forum!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

did digiweb supply you with a wireless router to start with?

post back with the makes/models of your equipment first and we'll take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Its a linksys WRT54G.

No, Digiweb didn't provide it.

I have one laptop connected now, but the other one can still only get local access.

They're both the exact same laptops, Dell Inspirons.

So confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

Does the problem laptop connect to the internet if wired to the router ?

How strong/weak is the signal when it's connected to the router wirelessly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

The Linksys web site used to have a link on the support page that allowed you do an auto set up. You had to use IE for it though.

Sorry dont have the time to look for the link as about to cook dinner but I am sure it is still there

Advertisement