Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vietnam - Visa on Arrival

• 11-07-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

I'm in Australia at the moment, heading off on a road trip in 10 days before flying to Thailand and eventually flying to Vietnam. Don't think we can manage to get our passports to and from Canberra by then.

We're hoping to book flights from Bangkok to Saigon so don't really want to have to wait til we get to Bangkok to get the visa just in case there's a hold up and we miss our flight etc.

I've been looking at this Visa on Arrival, where they send you an 'invitation' or something and then your passport is stamped when you get there and you pay a fee: http://visa.guidevietnam.com/

Anybody used this successfully before? I'm a bit wary of it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

I was in Vietnam December 04 - Jan 05 (New Year in Saigon was amazing). I know back then you definitely needed a visa before entering the country. I don't know if the regulations have changed since then. The website doesn't look too dodgy (thought they have "How Visa on Arrival Woks" as one of the FAQs :D) and they could be totally legitimate but you'd want to be totally sure of it.
    I remember I got my Vietnam visa in Cambodia within 24 hours. If you're going to be in Bangkok for a few days I reckon you could get the visa there quick enough. Like you said there is the risk of missing your flight if there's a delay. But i'd sooner chance that than risk not getting into the country and being sent on the next flight out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Just to let people know, the visa on arrival worked perfectly. Had to wait a bit longer in the airport to get the visa sorted there, only about half an hour though. Way less hassle than having to go to the embassy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joconn3

TYWY, who did you book your visa on arrival through, I was going to book it through the above address, I have received the confimation letter by email but they want me to pay through Xooom.com. I was wondering if this is a legitimate site to give my Credit Card details to???? Any help would be very much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I don't know about Xooom... I think we used Paypal as far as I remember...

Advertisement