Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lenght of tramore beach please

Options
  • 11-07-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

anyone know the lenght of tramore beach around sandhills and back

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to a more appropriate forum.. Waterford County covers non-city topics. :)

Topic Moved.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The beach in Tramore is 5km long. Hope that is of some use to you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

From the start of the prom to the dunes and back is 6 miles/10 kms.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭freebird23

cheers, im training for a 10ml run and was looking for a good place to run. thought that the sand might give more resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

mike65 wrote: »
    From the start of the prom to the dunes and back is 6 miles/10 kms.

Mike.

i thought the length of the whole beach (from the rocks at the lady's slip to the sand hills) was 3 miles long? so from prom to the sand hills and back would be about 4 miles. 10km is the same as tramore to waterford, it could hardly be that long from prom to sand hills and back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There and back is 6 miles.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

a friend of mine, who lives in tramore, runs from the lifeguard hut down the beach, around the sandhills and back up the backstrand side, to the lifeguard hut again. five miles he tells me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

as far as i know the baldy man run which is held every january starts at the beach grill goes down the slip all the way down the beach around the sandhills and back finishing on the prom just before the slip and is given as a 8k race which is 4.97 miles so 5 miles it is

Well for years Tramore has been refered to as a 5km golden sandy beach (or something to that affect).. so id guess thats about right..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I think going all the way around the sandhills is longer, i always thought its 5km long on the seafront side

• Advertisement
Advertisement